theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-06-09, 03:39 PM   #11
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
It seemed to be worse today its like a clicking thought it may be linked to the suspension but then sometimes sounds as if its coming from under the middle of the car its not all the time just now and then, Had another look today but couldnt see anything unusal.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-09, 10:22 AM   #12
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
i think i have the same dam noise! i have been all over the car looking for it been through all the things suggested on, at first i thought it was a stone in the tyre - nope, loose bit of plastic trim somewhere - nope, brake pad catching slightly - nope. i have had the car jacked up spun the front wheels around nothing at all. its definatly not coming from the engine as when the car stops rolling the noise stops. i have a u/s reluctor ring on the front driverside of the car and the outer cv boot is split on the front passenger side could it be one of these. could the reluctor ring damage be fooling the abs system that the front wheel has locked up and telling it to release the pressure??. i really haven't a clue but its doing my head in. like Jay Zs its not all the time and sometimes its worse than others + seems to becoming from the middle of the car.
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-09, 03:48 PM   #13
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Yer thats the one Ive not got a clue but the cars going up on the ramp to have the exhaust fitted next week hopefully so I will have a good look then. Seemed worse again today, dunno wether its because im bein parnoid about it.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 03-06-09, 05:03 PM   #14
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

How hard is it to change the cv boot? If it is that prob best to sort it out soon as , although it does seem to becoming from the middle of the car, any ideas anyone?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 03-06-09, 05:06 PM   #15
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
i have never do one on a zs but have done a few others cars and i didn't find them that difficult to do??
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote