AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-10-09, 12:26 PM   #11
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
Is that theyre Where you sit at the side of the road and count the traffic goin past

My gawd what an easy life lol
From I have have seen previously, motorists get pulled over and the Census people questioned the motorists with the backup of the Police.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 12:35 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside_ZS View Post
Move to the Midlands. Every other cars an MG or Rover round here. Driving round South Birmingham is best, Northfield, Longbridge, Redditch e.t.c Every driveway has an MG or Rover of some sort on it.
Is this because staff could buy MG's at a big discount from Longbridge, and had a 9 months change over??

I always said I would travel up to the Midlands and buy from a local garage, but never did.

peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 02:26 PM   #13
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
From I have have seen previously, motorists get pulled over and the Census people questioned the motorists with the backup of the Police.
Oh yeh i now remember once coming back from work a normal 30 min journey took 2 hours because they had decided to do one of these on the A50 at rush hour

Daft sods lol
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 05:44 PM   #14
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Is this because staff could buy MG's at a big discount from Longbridge, and had a 9 months change over??

I always said I would travel up to the Midlands and buy from a local garage, but never did.

Yea thats spot on. Employee's could also get big discount for anyone in their family too. My dads cousin worked at Longbridge and got a brand new 02 plate 25 for his his dad direct from the factory. And my uncle bought his 75 from longbridge when he worked there.

Employee's and retired employee's could also go on the "rover scheme" where you bascially leased a car off the company and got a new one every 12months or so. My nan still got letters asking if she would like to lease a new car from MG-R right up until the end in 05. She retired from longbridge in the early 90's.

Last edited by Southside_ZS; 09-10-09 at 05:46 PM.
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 06:03 PM   #15
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
I did just over 1200 miles in two days last month, from Ashford to Stoke-On-Trent and Ashford to Chester... The whole time I didn't see a single ZS...

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 07:03 PM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside_ZS View Post
Yea thats spot on. Employee's could also get big discount for anyone in their family too. My dads cousin worked at Longbridge and got a brand new 02 plate 25 for his his dad direct from the factory. And my uncle bought his 75 from longbridge when he worked there.

Employee's and retired employee's could also go on the "rover scheme" where you bascially leased a car off the company and got a new one every 12months or so. My nan still got letters asking if she would like to lease a new car from MG-R right up until the end in 05. She retired from longbridge in the early 90's.
Pity MG arn't still going, bet you would have a few friends putting their orders in, via your uncle and nan.

Old 09-10-09, 07:04 PM   #17
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
Is that theyre Where you sit at the side of the road and count the traffic goin past

My gawd what an easy life lol
It's easier than that we don't have to count anything, we just stop the traffic so the census people can ask motorists questions!
Old 09-10-09, 09:55 PM   #18
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
and waste our time.... lol

i was stopped the other day. one of the questions i was asked " ARE YOU AT WORK????"

im in a 3.5 tonne van with gas man written on the side, in my work overals and a job sheet right in front of me that i could see the bloke reading.... no im on my way to a funeral.

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 09:05 AM   #19
Simon's ZS-120

Simon's ZS-120 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
It's easier than that we don't have to count anything, we just stop the traffic so the census people can ask motorists questions!
i got stoped on braywick road ages ago the guy asked do you know why we pulled you over i replied no i dont he said yeah you was speeding into the camera and the out of it i replied was i really then he replied im only joking

The MG ZS MK2 120 In X-Power Grey
Simon's ZS-120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-09, 10:21 AM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
and waste our time.... lol

i was stopped the other day. one of the questions i was asked " ARE YOU AT WORK????"

im in a 3.5 tonne van with gas man written on the side, in my work overals and a job sheet right in front of me that i could see the bloke reading.... no im on my way to a funeral.
Hi Adam, last time I went through one, it was held on the A338, Spur Road, Left home at the normal time, no warnings on the radio and as soon as I got on the road at the Cooper Dean, I saw it was blocked. Turn off at the airport or stay on, decided to stay on as the roads get grid locked if you try and get round any other way.

After an hour, went up the hill to the roundabout, the census was in the layby, didnt stop me, apart from the hour of stop start.

Next day they had moved it to Horton Rd, the one straight across the roundabout, got pulled in, and for the first time, lost my cool with the poor guy, where have you come from? Bournemouth, Post Code? I dont wont to give it, where are you going? private business. Not like me and I know he was only doing his job, but!!!

The hold up on the Spur Road made the local Echo headlines, with many complaints. We know they need to have the information but someone counting the cars, in and out would give the same results.