theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 20-03-12, 07:12 AM   #201
k7ngt

k7ngt is on a distinguished road
looking good dan! last time we spoke to had an issue with the lower ball joint and the brakes, you managed to get that sorted? And will you be making an apperance with this at the malta on sunday??
Old 20-03-12, 07:16 AM   #202
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
yeah JUST sorted all that mate and the smoking! woop woop! had to pop some 10mm spacers behind the disks to bring it away from the lower arm, worked out good though
Im attempting to sort MOT and tax this week, if i manage then yes... if not... i'll bring the Lotus lol

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-12, 07:19 AM   #203
k7ngt

k7ngt is on a distinguished road
Good good! i should hopefully be there, i have work at 1:00, but its only round the corner so should be able to stop for a quick chat
Old 20-03-12, 03:23 PM   #204
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
awesome spec but imo you deffo need to ditch the 2.5 inch system for a 3 inch.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-12, 04:08 PM   #205
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Did contemplate it, the cost was alot more which sort of put me off. The guy who built it was all setup and ready to build me a 3" system but told me unless i was aiming for more than 500bhp it wouldn't be that advantagous (it genuinally is totally straight through lol)

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

Old 20-03-12, 05:41 PM   #206
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
well i cant comment on the t series as ive never had any experience of it , but i know for vauxhall and vag that anything approaching 300 bhp and you start to gain from a full 3 inch, on a astra vxr pushing 290 on a 2.5 system it will make 300 on a 3 inch system.
When i had my zs with audi engine it was making more power than any of the seat cupra guys with the same mods, only difference was full 3 inch turbo back zorst. Ive just had a full turbo back 3 inch on mine to replace full 2.5 system , its on rollers sat morning, ill let you know the difference but i can tell you now just from the butt dyno that its got more top end power.
At 400 or 450 bhp a 2.5 inch system will deffinitely be holding your power back imo.
Old 20-03-12, 06:41 PM   #207
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsserbia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Want to be alittle be careful fitted spark plugs like that, Know that on some bikes the iridium plugs that give a higher intensity of spark can cause running issues as you have to advance the timing slightly
That link is for leads, not plugs. The others were for heat sheilds and electronic fly by wire gizmos.
Old 20-03-12, 06:47 PM   #208
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
Cooling:
-Custom oversized cooling pipes throughout
-Electric water pump and controller
-Stand alone turbo cooling system separate from engine
-Uprated alloy coupe radiator
-Old mechanical water pump removed
This sounds interesting......
On my T16 maestro I do not have PAS (prefer it that way, you only need it in car parks and it ain't a going to the shops car ) and have managed to kill 2 water pumps as I'm not running PAS fluid through the combined pumps.

I have been considering a Craig Davis set up, what are you using?

How have you dealt with removing the water pump?

My other problem is I had a high capacity rad built and TBH if anything it is too large but because of the capacity I don't have problems having the turbo cooled through the standard arrangment, besides I'm currently running standard power so it never gets that hot.
Old 21-03-12, 02:14 PM   #209
carmadbaker

proof will be in the pudding lol supporting mods and turbo type play a huge roll in exhaust selection. hopefully i got it right

I do indeed use the davis craig water pump and controller, its a very nice bit of kit i must admit! the water pump impeller i removed and built a small diverter dam inside to help direct water flow, the pump seals still do get a constant flow of water to keep them "lubricated" so to speak! seems to work very well, keeps my engine at 95degrees easily

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

Old 13-04-12, 03:08 PM   #210
Quadcam24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
well i cant comment on the t series as ive never had any experience of it , but i know for vauxhall and vag that anything approaching 300 bhp and you start to gain from a full 3 inch, on a astra vxr pushing 290 on a 2.5 system it will make 300 on a 3 inch system.
When i had my zs with audi engine it was making more power than any of the seat cupra guys with the same mods, only difference was full 3 inch turbo back zorst. Ive just had a full turbo back 3 inch on mine to replace full 2.5 system , its on rollers sat morning, ill let you know the difference but i can tell you now just from the butt dyno that its got more top end power.
At 400 or 450 bhp a 2.5 inch system will deffinitely be holding your power back imo.
update as promised.
my car made well under the expected power at just 246 bhp and similar torque, but the boost gauge showed boost was very low, nowhere near what it should have been.
Today i took it have it checked out, then have it custom remapped and re rollered.
It made 306 bhp and 330ftlb.
285-290 is the expected number with a 2.5 inch turbo back exhaust, the tech guy said it wouldnt have made the power without the 3 inch downpipe.