theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 02-12-16, 09:13 AM   #211
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Must say I'm not completely happy with it but I'm gonna try it but as I said compared to the EP and Piper ones for the Elise/Exige it looks crap all tho it is half the price. Janspeed said it was made to order and took 2 weeks and 2 days to come. I have heard though the trade that Janspeed mostly make after market exhausts now but if that's true I wouldn't know
As much as I expect you're keen to get it fitted and see what it's like, I'd warn against fitting them if you're not 100% happy. No doubt they cost you a few quid and their response after you've fitted them and you're not happy won't be helpful.

I'd advise strongly that if you're not happy already, to at least make contact with them expressing your concerns. I'd be asking them how they want to progress. If they say fit and we'll see what the results are - fair enough. After you fit them, you'll be stuck.

If you compare how they look to the way the recently polished up second hand ones that are going to get fitted by Big-Jay they don't seem to be anywhere near the same standard. I appreciate you didn't buy them for looks, but surely it gives an indicator of the quality. Post 19
https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthr...t=30939&page=2

Last edited by Dan1971; 02-12-16 at 10:43 AM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-16, 10:20 AM   #212
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
That doesn't look as good as their old fanimolds. What a shame as they used to be wonderful!
Old 18-12-16, 08:29 AM   #213
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Quick update guys spoke to Janspeed the exhausts are now steel as the nice SS ones were cracking so we get the rubbish looking ones now hopefully will get it fitted this week. On a BIG plus note ive passed my ARDS and medical with full marks

JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-16, 09:26 AM   #214
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on the test. Got any hints or tips? How was it?
Old 18-12-16, 10:09 AM   #215
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Well done on the test
Old 18-12-16, 12:16 PM   #216
JOHNDQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Well done on the test
Thanks mate

Last edited by JOHNDQ; 18-12-16 at 12:26 PM.
Old 18-12-16, 12:26 PM   #217
JOHNDQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Congrats on the test. Got any hints or tips? How was it?
Just make sure your 100% on your flags mate as sure you are anyway, the ones that I was having to think about where things like when do you hand your licence in for signing at your first race meeting and things like that. Id say watch that bit of the dvd a good few times as was few questions about things like that others were fairly straight forward like what to do if your helmet is cracked, what should you do if you crash and car wont move, where to stop if your car can move slowly (coloured barrier) what should you do if throttle sticks wide open (hit the kill switch and declutch)
Old 18-12-16, 06:23 PM   #218
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Well done, have to see if you are near any of the tracks near me, love to come along and support you.

Old 18-12-16, 06:31 PM   #219
JOHNDQ

What's close to you mate
Old 27-12-16, 06:33 PM   #220
JOHNDQ

Finally got the Janspeed on, not rapped it yet just wanted to check fitted which is mm perfect all tho the lambda probe is completely in a different place. Luckily since I done my own loom had enough wire to reroute it. Doesn't seem much louder with the decat thankfully and car definitely feels quicker in mid-range. Just need to increase cam timing on Verviers and get back to emerald for map tweak....