theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-10, 11:47 AM   #241
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
why is it not being mapped by george on his own rollers?

Drew
Old 02-10-10, 11:52 AM   #242
staccato

staccato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Drew
I thought it was going to Dreadnought? I think the remap was always planned to be done live on an airfield/track wasn't it?
MG ZS 180 MK 1
MG ZS 180 MK 2
Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Renault Clio Williams
MG ZS-X 180 MK2
Mazda 3 MPS - 330bhp
Subaru Impreza 08 STI - 360bhp
Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR FQ340
BMW M5 E60
BMW 335d
Subaru Impreza 05 STI PPP
Old 02-10-10, 12:11 PM   #243
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Drew
I don't think George has rollers anymore, least not where he is the now

Quote:
Originally Posted by staccato View Post
I thought it was going to Dreadnought? I think the remap was always planned to be done live on an airfield/track wasn't it?
From reading this thread, that seems to be the plan
Old 02-10-10, 01:05 PM   #244
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb steve View Post
yes its up at thor motorsport at the mo having the mapping done
i see, didnt know that. finishing touches on the road yeah.

Drew
Old 02-10-10, 03:37 PM   #245
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by staccato View Post
it was but after a few factors it was easyer to go to thor
Old 02-10-10, 03:47 PM   #246
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
some good points staccato.
Steve what were your goals, what did you want from this project, i understand you wanted rid of the plenum and vis and yes it will sound nice and it will be a one off...... but there must be more to it than that as you could have brought enough plenums to last till kingdom come, so what are you aiming at , whats the goal ?
is it just a daily runner car or do you plan to track it or use just for weekend fun as i imagine the sound whilst great when your in the mood would quickly become very tiresome for road use.
I cant help but feel wether its a road car or a track car that you could have brought so much more performance to the car for less money, quaife, some nice big brakes, road legal sticky tyres etc etc, anyone one of those on its own would have given you more performance for peanuts in comparison.

Having said that i think it will be quicker than staccato thinks, with 240-250 bhp it will be quite nippy especially with lightweight flywheel too, ok it wont beat any new age hot turbo hatches but that doesnt mean it cant be fun to drive and remember steves been driving plodders for yonks so even a standard zs 180 would feel quick now.
Glad to hear its almost ready anyhow and i hope steves first drive brings everything he wanted.
Need some good driving videos with windows down so we can hear it.

Dave
Old 02-10-10, 04:05 PM   #247
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ZS-X View Post
^^^ THIS, oh yes Should sound immense
Old 02-10-10, 05:19 PM   #248
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Not sure why people need Steve to justify himself. At the end of the day, hes getting a touring car for the road!! Surely thats enough!
Old 02-10-10, 05:21 PM   #249
staccato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ZS-X View Post
some good points staccato.
Steve what were your goals, what did you want from this project, i understand you wanted rid of the plenum and vis and yes it will sound nice and it will be a one off...... but there must be more to it than that as you could have brought enough plenums to last till kingdom come, so what are you aiming at , whats the goal ?
is it just a daily runner car or do you plan to track it or use just for weekend fun as i imagine the sound whilst great when your in the mood would quickly become very tiresome for road use.
I cant help but feel wether its a road car or a track car that you could have brought so much more performance to the car for less money, quaife, some nice big brakes, road legal sticky tyres etc etc, anyone one of those on its own would have given you more performance for peanuts in comparison.

Having said that i think it will be quicker than staccato thinks, with 240-250 bhp it will be quite nippy especially with lightweight flywheel too, ok it wont beat any new age hot turbo hatches but that doesnt mean it cant be fun to drive and remember steves been driving plodders for yonks so even a standard zs 180 would feel quick now.
Glad to hear its almost ready anyhow and i hope steves first drive brings everything he wanted.
Yeah useful points too. It's a very expensive 'improvement to the plenum system' so surely more must have been wanted from it. I'd be interested to know Steve's hope for bhp figures prior to the reveal of what it finally achieves.

I agree Dave - 240bhp ish will be quick in the ZS. Can you get a N/A ZS to reach that much power? Impressive if so. The last 2 I owned weren't bad with a fraction over 200bhp.

How does the standard ZS chassis and suspension cope with that sort of added lump? I expect new dampers etc will be needed, but the brakes should get away with just uprated discs and pads do you think?

I just feel that in the length of time this car has taken, it's kind of lost it's relevance.

Will the throttle bodies be muffled enough not to cause an issue with sound limits on a track?
MG ZS 180 MK 1
MG ZS 180 MK 2
Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Renault Clio Williams
MG ZS-X 180 MK2
Mazda 3 MPS - 330bhp
BMW M5 E60
BMW 335d
Old 02-10-10, 05:24 PM   #250
staccato

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
Not sure why people need Steve to justify himself. At the end of the day, hes getting a touring car for the road!! Surely thats enough!
Not exactly a touring car for the road. It has a part that used to be on a touring car years ago that's now been adapted for this one car.

Keep us posted steve.
MG ZS 180 MK 1
MG ZS 180 MK 2
Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Renault Clio Williams
MG ZS-X 180 MK2
Mazda 3 MPS - 330bhp
BMW M5 E60
BMW 335d