theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-03-08, 08:11 PM   #21
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
here here
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-08, 08:14 PM   #22
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
here here
there there
love doing that. couldnt resist.lol
afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-08, 08:35 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I've only had my ZS180 for 4 weeks so I still enjoying the right foot thrills i.e. not driving for ecconomy
but it is far more ecconomical than the Range Rover V8 3.5 or the Espace 2.9 V6 that preceded it and not much worse than the Rover 114 I've been driving recently.

I managed 8 days on a tank full in the ZS against 5 in the R114, £37 to £25 and on a recent run from Gatwick to Stafford only used 3 litres more in the ZS than the R114, thats over a 200 mile run.

And then there is the drivability of a Vee engine, try doing roundabouts in 5th in your tubby astra............

To save petrol simple don't press the loud peddle so hard.

James

P.S. I get about 15 miles to the gallon out of my 2.0 16v tubby maestro! We don't use it except for fun.
Old 02-03-08, 10:31 PM   #24
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
i 100% agree about it will never make the v6 noise. but i also noticed you used the word rover....

R attles
O ld mans car
V ery high running cost
E lectrics playing up....again!
R ubbish build quality
Quote:
for a 2.5 v6 180 bhp isni alot when you consider renault get 192 bhp from a 2.0 16v. yea its a big engine but power wise it isnt a lot. i would rather have bhp's than cc's
Quote:
they do have character and they are different and one of the best looking cars about but i have had 4 off them now so i just feel it will soon be time for a change
Quote:
i will say for anybody thinking of buying one i have had no major problems atall with any off them i cant knock the reliability and will kill anybody who does. there great cars
You slate the car then turn round say that you say it one of the nicest cars around!!!!!!!! Very Strange!!

As for your Astra Tubby Idea, I have done a few head2heads with at least 2 Tubbies round here, and I can say that on both occasions I whooped them. they are not the best car to have, try getting a Mk3 Astra and slotting a redtop V6 from a cavvy in it then you can claim many ZS180's as victim's. no that is fun!

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 04:54 PM   #25
afcbadam

great cars and best looking cars does not mean nicest cars around
the rover bit is only telling the truth
Old 03-03-08, 05:29 PM   #26
ian zs180

i,ve gotta say though dont expect the vauxhall build to be any better than the mg coz quite frankly i,ve had a mk1 astra gte and a vectra 2.6 v6 on a 51 plate and the build quility wasnt that good i had the vectra from 6 months old it had to go back in under warrenty for work on the boot lid as it was rotting around the rear spoiler and also had a door inch snap clean away from the body good build quility i think not so dont be to hard on mg- rover coz my zs is deffo no worse than both my vauxhalls
Old 03-03-08, 05:36 PM   #27
afcbadam

dad has a mk 4 astra and the build quality of that is very good. there never been a rattle and thats on a 1999 v plate hes only had 1 thing go wrong with it and that was the door locked its self shut apart from that its been fine
Old 03-03-08, 06:07 PM   #28
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
sounds to me like your minds already made up mate, go get the tubby...

see you back in 6 months.......

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
markyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 06:52 PM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
You pay your monies, you takes your choice.

You get whatever you feel is right for you. I have had alot of cars over the years, too many to mention, but probably tried to in another thread

The argument here, is it about cock waving or just wanting a change? Me, I love my ZS, I have had quicker cars but none as complete as the ZS for all around performance for the money. I would say without doubt that the ZS180 will become a future cult classic and be much sought after, more so that an Astra.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an anti-Vauxhall person, those that may know me will know I was a die hard Vauxhall fan for many years owning Viva's, Magnum's, Firenza's, HS Chevette and lately the V6 Omega Tourer and before the ZS a V6 Calibra. There are only a few cars that will be remembered for being a good car or a great car. The only Astra that may be remembered in the same vein will be the VXR and the MK2 GTE.

Now may be the time for change, but if you don't like it, there is always the ZS to come back to, but don't leave it too late as all the good ones will be gone, by that I mean not sold on but kept
Old 03-03-08, 06:57 PM   #30
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post

The argument here, is it about **** waving or just wanting a change?
I do believe the Essex Boyz term is 'KNOB OUT'

according to reliable sources....

well

the guy with the Kleenex on the back seat, the pipe, the slippers and missing his ironing board on the boot aka Wilko66

Only kidding buddy........you know I loves ya you are the Modding Man

Jim