theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-08-09, 07:39 AM   #21
Hambo-180

Hambo-180 is on a distinguished road
i've got a mk1 ZS 180 and dont think the heated mirrors have ever heated up!! Bought the car brand new to!!
Hambo-180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-09, 09:55 PM   #22
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo-180 View Post
i've got a mk1 ZS 180 and dont think the heated mirrors have ever heated up!! Bought the car brand new to!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publication Part No. RCL 0431ENG (MGZS 06/2001)
Electrically controlled exterior mirrors have automatic, integral heating elements for dispersing ice and mist.
so there you go
Old 31-08-09, 09:48 AM   #23
Hambo-180

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
so there you go
so there you go? mmm, I know the car should have heated mirrors but mine dont seem to work and never have done! They certanly dont clear mist never mind ice. I used to have a Rover 220 GSi and its mirrors heated up and cleared mist in about 30secs....
Old 31-08-09, 09:07 PM   #24
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I spent a bit of time today looking at the mirrors on both our cars, it seems that the elements short as there was power from the car and open circuits on both the heating and non heating mirrors, I will have to get a new replacment and see if that works.
Old 01-09-09, 07:39 AM   #25
Hambo-180

Quote:
I spent a bit of time today looking at the mirrors on both our cars, it seems that the elements short as there was power from the car and open circuits on both the heating and non heating mirrors, I will have to get a new replacment and see if that works.
let me know how you get on, would be good to get mine working after all these years!!

cheers
Hamish
Old 01-09-09, 02:13 PM   #26
rbull51

rbull51 is on a distinguished road
At least im not the only one with heated mirrors that have never worked!! Will be interested to see how you get on.. (could you maybe do a 'how to with pictures' as to getting the mirror glass out?? )

Last edited by rbull51; 01-09-09 at 02:16 PM.
rbull51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 03:07 PM   #27
Hambo-180

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbull51 View Post
At least im not the only one with heated mirrors that have never worked!! Will be interested to see how you get on.. (could you maybe do a 'how to with pictures' as to getting the mirror glass out?? )
a "how to" would be a great idea, years ago when i had a my Rover 220GSi someone hit the drivers door mirror and smashed the glass and it was a swine to try and get the new glass fitted, tried to do it outside the MG/Rover parts dept, was there for ages when a friendly mechanic fitted it for me......
Old 16-09-09, 05:48 PM   #28
rbull51

rbull51 is on a distinguished road
I finally got around to getting my wing mirror glass out today. It seems that my mirrors should be heated (as previously told in this thread), i tested the connections and it seems there is power, so it looks like its the heating element in the mirror itself that has stopped working! Is it possible to buy a replacement heated mirror but with a blue tint like the BMW's & Mercedes??
rbull51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 06:35 PM   #29
Hambo-180

Quote:
james how did you get on with this? Just been reading rbull51's thread and i think have the same problem....
Old 18-09-09, 06:53 PM   #30
talkingcars

I didn't get very far, I bought a replacment from eBay but it turned out to be for a powerfold mirror and although I'd love powerfold I'm not ready yet.

I will be getting another when I get around to it and will do a quick how to, proberbly as a link on one of my web sites.