theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-03-13, 06:33 PM   #21
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
My average over the last 18 months is 25 mpg.
The best I've ever had was 33mpg, the worst was under 20.

I've found I get better from super than 95 ron and Sainsburys 97 ron gives the best over a long period.
Old 08-03-13, 07:02 PM   #22
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I dont do it scientifically, but I know that when I go to see my daughter in Newcastle Under Lyme, junction 15 M6, its 176 miles from mine to her door. I go up M11, A14 to M6 then M6 to jct 16. Home is usually the reverse, sometimes I do go M6 M1 to A414 so I can fill up at the Tesco on route, (its always cheaper than my local). But if its a early start so no hurry and no traffic queues, I just keep it at 60mph. The Zed is so comfy I dont get bum ache, so no reason to hurry. And same for trip home. So I fill him up at start, and I get back to Harlow with the gauge still just above the min..........Thats easily 350 to a tank.......... Plus changing the route, but almost the same distance, I have gone from home to my fiances in Cardiff and back on a tank..........

Maybe my secret is the YELLOW paint has less DRAG!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 08:44 AM   #23
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
It's just different engines, some come out good from the factory and some don't. I had an engine transplant on one of my zeds, mk2, before I would get 300 if I as lucky worst was 200. Fitted a different engine, and it now gets 400 out of a tank regularly. That is with a decat on and I've fitted a magnet on the fuel line don't know if that does anything. Tyres do have a huge affect tho as I've fitted different tyres and noticed changes before.
Old 09-03-13, 08:45 AM   #24
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
Best I've ever had was 430 out of a tank, got a pic somewhere as I was shocked! Still had quite a few litres left in the tank too
Old 09-03-13, 08:50 AM   #25
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Filled up last night and it worked out I had done 257 since last fill up with an average of 24.8mpg.

Redzed, ive looked at the magnet things, where did you fit yours in the bay, do you have a pic of that too?
Best ive ever had from mine was 365 on a gentle run through country and motorways.
Old 09-03-13, 09:03 AM   #26
Ippon

Ippon has a spectacular aura aboutIppon has a spectacular aura about
Went to Sheff Judo club last night ... round trip 32 miles ... as it was raining and loads of grit on the roads ... took the C1 ..... so cost me 1/2 the price of the Zed, but 1/4 of the fun !!!!!
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 09:48 AM   #27
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
My first reading from my road trip app came in at 31Mpg
That's even with a good 25mile thrash with my cousins diesel FR-550 and the occasional hard accelerating.
So I reckon with some careful driving I could be averaging a lot higher!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 12:20 PM   #28
James Raby

James Raby will become famous soon enough
I too am interested in the magnet thing
Old 09-03-13, 01:20 PM   #29
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon View Post
Went to Sheff Judo club last night ... round trip 32 miles ... as it was raining and loads of grit on the roads ... took the C1 ..... so cost me 1/2 the price of the Zed, but 1/4 of the fun !!!!!
That much??????? Id rate the C1 at 1/32 of the fun..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 01:56 PM   #30
DuckFeet

DuckFeet is on a distinguished road
@Craig
If you run to the red line a lot, when did you last change your fuel filter? I wonder if that is relevant. I still think the engine and journey length are the biggest factors.
DuckFeet is offline   Reply With Quote