theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 09-10-13, 09:04 AM   #1
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Gents its not as bad as you lot are making out.

The car is way overpriced - yes.

The bootlock has been painted - yes, but probably touched up due to rust and hes painted right over it.

The bumpers are right for the car. MG had no standard when it came to car spec. A ZS+ should have skirts, electric pack, 17`s etc but I`ve seen them come exactly as that is in the ad. 120 means nothing other than you know it`s a 1.8.

I have seen this seller selling metro`s in the same manner with the funky pictures and it never fails to amaze me how many folk can`t see they are not right.

To me the car looks fresh enough. It looks like another back garden traders car though, that`s had a clean and fanny up for sale.

True value? Probably £500 - £600. Though it has a full mot so could get a little more.
Old 09-10-13, 11:11 AM   #2
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRed View Post
The bumpers are right for the car. MG had no standard when it came to car spec. A ZS+ should have skirts, electric pack, 17`s etc but I`ve seen them come exactly as that is in the ad. 120 means nothing other than you know it`s a 1.8.
Sorry but that isnt true, I have the original brochure from that year and all 180s, 120's and TDs came with a cut out in the bumper and heat shield. No option to delete it. The only models which came with the bumper pictured on that car were Rover 45s and the 1.6 ZS.

When my dad purchased a 120 brand new in 2002 he asked to have a more subtle exhaust and wasnt allowed!
Old 09-10-13, 06:37 PM   #3
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Sorry but that isnt true, I have the original brochure from that year and all 180s, 120's and TDs came with a cut out in the bumper and heat shield. No option to delete it. The only models which came with the bumper pictured on that car were Rover 45s and the 1.6 ZS.

When my dad purchased a 120 brand new in 2002 he asked to have a more subtle exhaust and wasnt allowed!
No. That's not right. Forget brochures. The cold hard fact is they put whatever they had available. I've owned umpteen + model zr and zs' that are not the spec quoted. I've worked on even more. The salesman at Rover even commented it was near impossible to appraise a vehicle over the phone (even roughly) as you never knew what the true spec was until you seen it.

I purchased a solar red 1.8 ZS on a 2002 plate the exact same spec as in the link. Matrix interior with electric windows and manual mirrors. 16" hairpins, no skirts, no fogs and no cut out in bumper.
Old 09-10-13, 08:19 AM   #4
Levi

Levi is on a distinguished road
I knew it was going to be this seller just by looking at the photos. He takes all his car photos in the same 'forrest location', with that same colour tweak. This car will be a kinder suprise with a broken toy inside - steer clear.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 12:10 PM   #5
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Is it just me or has this shut up £300 in price just me, I thought it was up for £1200, not worth £1200 as OP states.

Last edited by MG ZS STE; 09-10-13 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Whoopsie
MG ZS STE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 12:33 PM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
It was up for £1500 at the start and I'll be honest - without the very observant and knowledgeable input of forum gurus, I thought at the time £1200 for it wouldn't be too bad a shout.

Clearly I'm a mile off in terms of valuing this car...
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote