theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-12-14, 10:38 AM   #21
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Never had a problem with the halfords pro apart from the box was a bit flimsy and one 1/2 to 1/4 drive adaptor snapped which was replace without question but it had an obvious imperfection inside and the other one has stood up to the task.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-14, 10:54 AM   #22
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
For me..
First choice is Sealey

Was given this advice on another forum and as I said before I know nothing about what is or isn't a good tool brand.
Had a PM from a good guy who is going to set me up with this Sealey kit at Trade price plus a few beers reward.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Tool-Ch...-AP2200BBCOMBO
I'm sure the tools that come with it may not be Top of the Sealey range but a good starter kit and plenty left in my budget to add to.

Last edited by BUCKYDEVIL; 15-12-14 at 10:59 AM.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-14, 11:57 AM   #23
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Get the 150 Quid's halfords 200 piece set. Wait until boxing day out should pick one up for 120 ish.

Buy the 80 quid halfords tool box or if you can wait and spend a bit more in the future maybe 150? Put the rest into the other stuff you need
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-14, 04:40 PM   #24
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I went for seperate 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 sets, reduces the amount of tools one carries around (mine are stored in the shed at the bottom of the garden and I work either at the front of the house, work, my dads or the scrapy). I've also got a set of ring spanners and ratchet spanners as well as lots of other stuff.
Old 15-12-14, 04:44 PM   #25
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
i'd avoid halfords pro.
Why is that ?
Yes Mark, you normally have a decent point of veiw so

why?
Old 15-12-14, 08:44 PM   #26
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Was given this advice on another forum and as I said before I know nothing about what is or isn't a good tool brand.
Had a PM from a good guy who is going to set me up with this Sealey kit at Trade price plus a few beers reward.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Tool-Ch...-AP2200BBCOMBO
I'm sure the tools that come with it may not be Top of the Sealey range but a good starter kit and plenty left in my budget to add to.
Sealey Professional is their top brand
Siegen Tools is their lower quality/everyday brand
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-14, 10:22 AM   #27
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by top_man_eldo View Post
Sealey Professional is their top brand
Siegen Tools is their lower quality/everyday brand
Correct mate
was told the tools that are supplied with the cabinet are indeed the Siegen but getting them at a cost of not much more than the Cabinet itself
And will give me something to build to with plenty left in my budget for Halfords Pro items in Sale...
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-14, 11:09 PM   #28
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
I've always had Bergen tools - they've been fantastic.
No idea where they rate with the professionals, but a 19mm socket of theirs took all 20 stone of me on a scaffold bar. Enough of a test in my book!
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-14, 02:29 AM   #29
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyprice4004 View Post
I've always had Bergen tools - they've been fantastic.
No idea where they rate with the professionals, but a 19mm socket of theirs took all 20 stone of me on a scaffold bar. Enough of a test in my book!
+1 them as well.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote