Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-04-08, 09:48 AM   #21
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Storm View Post
Yar I am back, and what do you know....... still warm the blood wot courses through my veins.
Was really touched by your other posts about MIA's. I should have popped on quickly and flashed up a message about me being away. Mind you I never seem to be able to just pop on quickly to this site.
I was gonna make a token gesture anyway mate. Know money etc aint growing on tree's, especially round arkwrights way.
Only thing is I have to MOT the rocco this month and the ZS next month. Mind you how much does Arkwright charge for an MOT? Could get box replacement and MOT done same time.
Forum members whom I talk to frequently I do think about every nown again..........sad I know but I do seem to worry about nothing hence my poor health Glad you are okay mate and back on here

Give Ralph a bell mate..........see if you like the price or not. I shall be down there Monday packing the two gearboxes ready for collection

Jim
Old 14-04-08, 04:44 PM   #22
sduk

good to have you back with us
Old 15-04-08, 03:35 PM   #23
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
welcome back fella should be a bit more regular on here again shortly myself
Old 20-04-08, 10:05 PM   #24
Southern Storm
I'm Zeddin It

Southern Storm is on a distinguished road
I know what you mean time is tighter than money at the moment. Thats saying something.
Looks like I have a buyer for the Scirocco. That date is going down in the diary as it will be the first time I have been rocco-less in years and years. Sad day.
Gotta say the tax thing has had my mind wondering. Its gonna hit hard aswell with fuel so have some hard questions to ask myself too.
Meanwhile good to be back and floating.

If you're having car problems, I feel bad for you son.
I got 99 problems but my Zed aint one!

A labour of love but never a problem.
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-08, 11:35 PM   #25
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Storm View Post
I know what you mean time is tighter than money at the moment. Thats saying something.
Looks like I have a buyer for the Scirocco. That date is going down in the diary as it will be the first time I have been rocco-less in years and years. Sad day.
Gotta say the tax thing has had my mind wondering. Its gonna hit hard aswell with fuel so have some hard questions to ask myself too.
Meanwhile good to be back and floating.
If I drive sensibly I can get nearly 300 miles from a full tank.........my van for the same amount of litres of diesel does less MPG!!! So believe it or not......my ZS180 is more economical than my Postman Prat van

Jim
Old 18-06-08, 09:32 PM   #26
Southern Storm
I'm Zeddin It

Southern Storm is on a distinguished road
Soz again. I am in and out like no-body's business. A combination of no broadband, all sorts of personal issues as well as my daughter and myself being really quite ill of late has ment no time what so ever for chatting and car things.
The biggest thing on my mind as far as cars are concerned has been the VED. Since finding that out I have been mildly fuming.I can probably just about stretch to it but dammit I refuse to hand over £400 of my hard earned to this useless government. It was agreed by me and my wife to sell the Scirocco (gone ), sell the MG and buy a pre 2001 car that will take a baby seat in the back but be whatever I wanted.
So without much success but faith that it would sell once it appeared in the auto-trader I said sod it and after being arsed about on other deals in a fit of madness splashed out 2K on this:

Yep tis a cosworth. However since buying it more problems have come to light. Mainly niggly faults but poor idling and very rich running plus....... i don't seem to jell with it. The other problem is, I put the MK2 grill back on the car........ washed it and god damn back in love with it. That coupled together with me having to drive my daughter around for hours in dreadful weather as it was the only way she would sleep leaves me loving my MG even more.
Now I have the problem of do I sell the merc (if I can), put the money into the MG, paying the government their blood money or keep the faith that the MG will sell and make a really nice Merc that will cost less (I hope) in the long run.
Stupid to buy the merc before the MG sold and I have dug my own grave but I am severely out of pocket and 1 of them needs to go. Weird that I got no response to the MG considering it was up for £2995 with extras and only 32000 on the clock.
Oh well good to see you all again, you are so much easier going than a certain merc forum.

If you're having car problems, I feel bad for you son.
I got 99 problems but my Zed aint one!

A labour of love but never a problem.
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-08, 09:40 PM   #27
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
You need me to answer that...

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote