AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-11-08, 12:04 PM   #21
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray203ps View Post
I've had a little tussle with st220's on both motorway and small roads. It didn't hold a candle to the zed and that is in no way biased.
Presume that is against your 203PS ZS? I had a little tussle with one and its pretty even against a standard zed. The ST might have the legs over silly speed though.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 12:09 PM   #22
Murray203ps
Site Supporter

Murray203ps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
Presume that is against your 203PS ZS? I had a little tussle with one and its pretty even against a standard zed. The ST might have the legs over silly speed though.
Yeah agree about the top end dude. I find that 5th gear on the 180 is long and when you change up from 4th at about 120mph it takes quite a long time to pick up.

Thats when the nitrous comes in handy.

0-60 6.3secs 1/4 mile 14.7@92.5mph
Murray203ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 12:51 PM   #23
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
older st 200 and newer st220 both have 144 bhp/ton same a a standard zs 180.

St 305 focus vs zs 205 bhp ,this is at the mg zs trackday i organsised last year at castle combe for xpf .Boy my car hasnt half improved since then ,it looks really slow!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...tle_124532.htm

Dave

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 01:04 PM   #24
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
Cool video!

Shame the ZS didnt have 200bhp as standard, it would be a real giant killer. Love my 180 but Im itching for a little more power, and I cant afford the insurance premium on adding mods for another year atleast
Old 26-11-08, 02:56 PM   #25
Murray203ps
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ZS-X View Post
older st 200 and newer st220 both have 144 bhp/ton same a a standard zs 180.

St 305 focus vs zs 205 bhp ,this is at the mg zs trackday i organsised last year at castle combe for xpf .Boy my car hasnt half improved since then ,it looks really slow!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...tle_124532.htm

Dave
Nice video Dave. Reckon that my car should hold it's own against quite a lot of cars then with an additional 40bhp using the nitrous. Can't wait for the track day.

Just hope it's dry otherwise i'll spend most of my time sat still.

Old 26-11-08, 09:24 PM   #26
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
You have to be disciplined on track days and trust your fellow drivers as well. I find it hard myself as the racing instinct tends to take over, probably why I haven't done that many lately and have the urge to build a another track car! Much better when driving/racing/rubbing with like minded souls
Old 26-11-08, 09:28 PM   #27
shroonie29

shroonie29 is on a distinguished road
Get a better diff in before the day,will improve your experience on the day I reckon

"In the MG ZS, the relationship between car and driver borders on the intimate"
"The surprise is that the MG ZS feels right straight away and stays accurate and poised"
shroonie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 09:30 PM   #28
Murray203ps
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
You have to be disciplined on track days and trust your fellow drivers as well. I find it hard myself as the racing instinct tends to take over, probably why I haven't done that many lately and have the urge to build a another track car! Much better when driving/racing/rubbing with like minded souls
Totally agree Mick. You never know how the other drivers are thinking and whether thier a bit gun ho with the whole thing. It's quite nice having been round the Nordshliefe so much cos you hav to in your mirrors so much checking for fire breathing 911's and GSXR's up you hoop.lol.

Old 26-11-08, 09:35 PM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
There are very strict rules on track days and the driver's briefing will inform the do's and don'ts. Any driver that deviates from the rules will get picked up by the marshalls and told off, if they persist they will get thrown off.

One particular time I had a right numpty overtake right on the apex of the bend that I had priority on, he put me on the grass. I complained to the marshall when I came off and told him in no uncertain terms, tell him or I will visit him myself, helmet on or not I will punch the ****!

I also told the marshall had that been a race I would have shut the door on him and he would've come worse off.
Old 26-11-08, 09:48 PM   #30
Murray203ps
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
There are very strict rules on track days and the driver's briefing will inform the do's and don'ts. Any driver that deviates from the rules will get picked up by the marshalls and told off, if they persist they will get thrown off.

One particular time I had a right numpty overtake right on the apex of the bend that I had priority on, he put me on the grass. I complained to the marshall when I came off and told him in no uncertain terms, tell him or I will visit him myself, helmet on or not I will punch the ****!

I also told the marshall had that been a race I would have shut the door on him and he would've come worse off.
Yeah not about to put my baby in harms way for any amount of fun.