theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 18-12-13, 12:14 PM   #381
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
Well,

Got a phone call back from some dealers in Spain , They cant get the part for around 1-2 weeks and would cost 80 euros. Gave in and ordered a brand new one on eBay for £30 something and also a brand new breather pipe from rimmerbros £26.00 with delivery! ( robbing gits )

These parts are going to my nans in the UK as my parents are currently in the middle of spain on there road trip up to the UK.

So nothing will happen until my parents arrive back , early January. Also got a new head cylinder for my Astra , gaskets , head bolts... poor things had the head gone for well over a year and i don't fancy having my heaters on full in the summer haha.

Another month wont hurt i guess , glad i haven't lost interest in her
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-13, 12:34 PM   #382
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
It's not really Rimmers being robbing gits, that's the xpart price, you'd pay the same at any UK xpart dealer.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 05:24 PM   #383
Jason04r

Okay my parents arrived back with the map sensor and the breather pipe. Map sensor error has now gone but it still fails to start !

It's actually the same as the video i posted what the hell can it be ?
Old 31-12-13, 05:40 PM   #384
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Do you now have no fault codes showing ?.

Old 31-12-13, 06:31 PM   #385
Jason04r

No codes
Old 31-12-13, 07:19 PM   #386
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

I've just watched, and re watched your vid of it trying to start, that engine is desperate to run, and is really trying to fire up, are you 100% sure the timing is right, and how much fuel is in it.

Old 31-12-13, 07:45 PM   #387
Jason04r

Timing looks perfect, the rear cam lines are aligned . when pulling the plugs you can smell fuel on them.

It runs fine with hairspray and revs , guessing now I've fixed the breather it should idle okay now but don't want to spray easy start in it tbh
Old 31-12-13, 08:00 PM   #388
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

tbh, I'm fresh out of ideas, it wants to run, you can see that, I can't see what else could be stopping it from going, everything seems to have been covered.

I'm tempted to suggest a compression check might be in order.

Old 31-12-13, 08:03 PM   #389
Jason04r

My thoughts too , I'm going to double check the timing tomorrow. When we took the spark plugs out they were black as a hat so cleaned it with a wire brush but didn't do it on the rears , what's the gap size for the kv6 ?
Old 31-12-13, 08:06 PM   #390
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason04r View Post
My thoughts too , I'm going to double check the timing tomorrow. When we took the spark plugs out they were black as a hat so cleaned it with a wire brush but didn't do it on the rears , what's the gap size for the kv6 ?
You shouldn't clean pugs with a wire brush small pieces of the wire can get into the plugs causing them to misfire.