theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 20-11-13, 08:22 PM   #31
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Looks great. Very quick!
Old 20-11-13, 08:42 PM   #32
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
one of my friends has a brand spanker 640d msport coupe, he keeps telling me i can have a lend of it....i really want to but on the other hand i really shouldn't!
funny that. Not new but I took this in part exchange for a 61 plate ranger rover hse a few weeks ago. Just sat on my drive not being used at the moment.

v8 power very tame to be honest.

DSC_0036 by regy53, on Flickr
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-14, 10:05 PM   #33
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Well, Got hit in this today

Dual carriage way, some roads turn out into out. Speed is reduced to 50mph for this zone.

get close to a area where people join the road and i see a white van, carry on but as I get closer I see her looking the other way and not the way i was coming, she starts creeping out.

I'm heavy on the brakes to not t bone her but also pulling to the right where I had some space but it was not enough and this happened.

One of them things i suppose, i was a little shaken as in 11 years of driving got rear ended about 8 years ago and now this. Worst thing was my little girl was in the passenger seat? which is where the impact was. She wasn't expecting the bang however she was just perfect not even upset. We both have stiff necks.

The lady called her inusurance who in turn called me stating they accept full liability and want to sort it without involving my insurance. They have aranged collection to a approved BMW Garage of my choice, sorted a loan executive car and are calling back Monday to find out if we need medical attention. Really cannot complain i suppose.

damage looks better than it is, the internal part where the door shut is rather bad.

where she pulled out from

the damage, sorry scratch to her motor

Old 30-03-14, 09:33 AM   #34
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Ouch, pleased there are no serious injuries.
Old 30-03-14, 09:58 AM   #35
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
What a pisser. At least avoiding your insurance will maintain the cars clean history. Those side impact neck injuries take a while to recover from too.
Old 30-03-14, 11:12 AM   #36
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Shame, glad no one was hurt, apart from the car.

Dont know if its just me, being a suspicious old ******, but that seems a bit strange, re the insurance bit. All these scams you hear and read about.

Have you confirmed who you were talking to on the phone, or rung them back on a number, You, have found on the internet or where ever.

They could roll up, leave you a dodgy car and you have handed your keys over.

You blank out her number plate???

Think I'd drop it off to the repairers, dont want to worry you, but I trust no one.

Never heard of a insurance company suggesting not getting the other parties involved!!!
Old 30-03-14, 12:06 PM   #37
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Hi Peter,

Her number plate was imbedded in my door lol it swiped it off.

I thought it was weird about the insurance too, but it was direct line they text straght after the call giving me whos going to contact me (bodyshop, rent a car etc) i will give the ma call tomorrow to make sure I heard right but regardless im just pleased its being sorted so fast.

Have never had a car go to a bodyshop before so wondering how long it may take?
Old 30-03-14, 02:18 PM   #38
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Lucky its not the old ZS, we know where that would be heading.

Reckon a week to two weeks, thats assuming they can get all the bits and the body shop can start at once, and they dont have a backlog of work.

Definitely give Direct Line a ring, on a number you have found. Just dont reply to their number on the mobile.
Old 30-03-14, 03:24 PM   #39
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
It'll come back good as new. Shame though. Secretly I love your car. Absolute perfect mix of comfort and power. Interior is exactly what I would spec from the factory.

Glad you're both OK.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-14, 03:39 PM   #40
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
sorry to hear this ross,at least no one was injured,and the wee one was ok,hope everything works out and you get the car back looking the same as when you first went out today
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote