theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 28-11-09, 08:35 PM   #31
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave ZS-X View Post
yeah you can make do for some time without some of those things but making do is what keeps resulting in failures. If your doing it do it right or it will bite you in the ass eventually.
not at all. the failures are because of weak ringlands they break up at consistant high revs

as mentioned forged pistons would be a good move.

some of the things you have said are not needed at all
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-09, 08:37 PM   #32
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
oh gawd the SC wheres harbs if he gets wind of this he'll be on here telling everyone not to do it and telling you and this guy that he was wrong to buy one and his car is gonna go bang tommorow :@
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-09, 09:01 PM   #33
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
i dont agree ross, you dont need some of those things if you are going to drive like a granny maybe but why have a supercharger if you arent going to use it, and what if you want to go on track once in a while or to pod.
Theres no point skimping on a build, and then driving around in a car were your nervous every time you give it the beans incase it fails....do it properly first time and it will save you in the long run. Youve been saying for 4 years this works and that works and we dont need such and such and yet here we are still seeing failures.
When your building an engine you have to factor in good tolerances if you want it to last, and this is why they havent lasted because instead of being built with some tolerance margin they are in fact already producing more power than the engine was designed for.
Ive seen yours and georges sc zs run up pod in only mild heat and it killed your terminal speeds thanks to intake temps ,ive known you run 99 mph terminals and i matched that in my nasp zs, so if you cant even go to pod and do a few runs without losing power then something needs looking at and george strongly advised me to go water injection when i looked at charging my zs.

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-09, 09:04 PM   #34
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
i dont agree ross, you dont need some of those things if you are going to drive like a granny maybe but why have a supercharger if you arent going to use it, and what if you want to go on track once in a while or to pod.
Theres no point skimping on a build, and then driving around in a car were your nervous every time you give it the beans incase it fails....do it properly first time and it will save you in the long run. Youve been saying for 4 years this works and that works and we dont need such and such and yet here we are still seeing failures.
When your building an engine you have to factor in good tolerances if you want it to last, and this is why they havent lasted because instead of being built with some tolerance margin they are in fact already producing more power than the engine was designed for.
Ive seen yours and georges sc zs run up pod in only mild heat and it killed your terminal speeds thanks to intake temps ,ive known you run 99 mph terminals and i matched that in my nasp zs, so if you cant even go to pod and do a few runs without losing power then something needs looking at and george strongly advised me to go water injection when i looked at charging my zs.
ho ho, i ran 99mph terminals when the wind was blowing down track in a very big way, not because my intake temps were through the roof.
never really lost power at pod always been around 102 and last time i went 104 for weight saving, hence the consistant amount of timing slips, everytime i have been it got faster with less weight. easy.

on that list, please tell me exactly why you need the items you have listed. give examples? why does he need bigger injectors whats wrong with his smt he has etc?

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 28-11-09 at 09:06 PM.
Old 28-11-09, 09:28 PM   #35
Dave ZS-X

ask george hes told me what they needed more than once and he should know.
Sorry but if you knew what you were on about youd still be on your first engine and your first charger, but hey i dont really care, you keep skimping and paying the consequences, its your wallet,lol.

Dave
Old 28-11-09, 09:35 PM   #36
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Quote:
ask george hes told me what they needed more than once and he should know.
Sorry but if you knew what you were on about youd still be on your first engine and your first charger, but hey i dont really care, you keep skimping and paying the consequences, its your wallet,lol.
Dave i thought it was more than reasonable to ask you to justify your comments, rather than talking about things that might not be needed or understand why they are needed.

forged pistons yes, after all they are what break, and as we learnt with my car over time. why they break? have you looked into this?

im asking why or how you substantiate the rest of the list you have posted.

Belive you me i have looked down every avenue afterall iv had a supercharged zs for over 4 years, having looked at specs problems etc along with George, what you post isnt the route you would need to take if you have a supercharged zs.

also im intrested! do you know what your on about?

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 28-11-09 at 09:41 PM.
Old 28-11-09, 09:51 PM   #37
Dave ZS-X

as i said george told me what they needed, i have a a p.m from only a few weeks back from him saying what they needed and thats from the horses mouth.
the fact you have been playing around with the charger for 4 years and you still dont have a reliable set up backs up everything ive said.
If you know how to make them work why are we still having failures.
Prove your words and show us a proper build and a reliable supercharger set up because as of yet 4 years worth of playing has achieved nothing.

Dave
Old 28-11-09, 09:56 PM   #38
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Quote:
as i said george told me what they needed, i have a a p.m from only a few weeks back from him saying what they needed and thats from the horses mouth.
the fact you have been playing around with the charger for 4 years and you still dont have a reliable set up backs up everything ive said.
If you know how to make them work why are we still having failures.
Prove your words and show us a proper build and a reliable supercharger set up because as of yet 4 years worth of playing has achieved nothing.
Dave as i said on XPF, i have ntohing to prove to you,

my setup broke over a year ago, cracked ringland..what does that tell you?

why did it crack? what was the condition on the piston? how much fuel did i have etc etc etc.

remember iv had a year out. and i had 2 good years with trackdays and lots of pods with no failues, so that leaves what? 1 year with my red zs where i used my company car all the time.

really Dave why dont you tell me whats wrong with it from your mouth, i speak with george a few times a week, i know what he has to say.

where am i going wrong, why do i need this list you have made? what examples can you give for the items you have listed?

what do the std injectors flow?
whats wrong with the smt?
why do the pistons break up
what are the intake temps of the charged cars

im intrested
Old 28-11-09, 10:18 PM   #39
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
this thread needs less arguing
Old 28-11-09, 10:25 PM   #40
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It's probably not helping the for sale thread either.

Don't let this thread detract from the original author please as it is getting taken off subject.

If you want to have discussions on supercharging by all means start another thread so we can all see the facts and proof. There are many people in the MG world fascinated by supercharging and the stories we hear. It wouldn't hurt to hear them in more detail but with some real substance in them.