theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 16-06-12, 06:21 PM   #31
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Think the derv just pulls away in the gears and you dont need to red line it, the torque comes in a lot lower down.

The VVC revs up quickly but needs the higher end of the revs.

If SDi's were fitted in the derv the power is very similar, think the TF being a bit lighter feels a bit quicker.

Suppose the best way to describe it is that the derv feels lazy but gets there, the TF is very buzzy and busy but also gets there. The TF is a bit more fun as you need to chase up and down the gearbox to get the best out of it.

Old 16-06-12, 06:22 PM   #32
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
What are you a coward about? Its just a car. Persuade me to get sorted for one of these beginner track days and come along in either car. You'll be hooked. By the way, any come back from the goodwood incident?
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-12, 06:36 PM   #33
Adamzs180

Adamzs180 will become famous soon enough
Suns due to come out on monday up here. you could always chop the roof off a zed and still swap me the tf
Adamzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-12, 06:49 PM   #34
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Crayford conversion on the Zed.

Think I'll believe it when we see the sun for longer than 10 mins!!!

Cold with it down here.

Old 16-06-12, 07:30 PM   #35
Steve mead

Steve mead is on a distinguished road
Nice little machine, put it in the boot and bring it to shuttleworth!
Steve mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-12, 07:47 PM   #36
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
looks good, good it has the hard top too makes it a lot more secure.
Strange way of looking at it. The alarm system on the TF includes a proximity sensor or a mircowave sensor at head rest level so is as secure as any other car except the roof can be knifed, glass on a tin top can be smashed.

We spent most of our time away with the roof down, if it isn't raining get it down, at over 40 mph the weather flows over the top of the car. Even at 6am in summer I'll put the top down on the way to work. The only time I use the hardtop is in winter so it isn't as cold inside when I get in.

Hope to see you over on http://www.the-t-bar.com/ , the forum for MGF and TF owners that is as friendly as themgzs is to ZS owners.
Old 16-06-12, 09:24 PM   #37
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

I'll have a look at that one sounds good, I was going to buy a wind stop, when I picked it up it already had one.

I go dopey when I see a car I want, tell every one on here, looking at K series 4 pots, look for mayo under the oil cap and on the dipstick, check the coolant for colour/levels.

Did I, did I, flip, brains go to mush and I just wanted it.

Did remember to check it all before putting the balance of the cash down, already gave him £50 as a deposit. Also got him to write that I had a 3 month warranty on the HG, but I think you get a warranty by law now a days.

He was OK, even took the hard top off so I could see that the hood was there and the window wasnt split.

Old 17-06-12, 01:21 PM   #38
Taphouse

Taphouse is on a distinguished road
Nice one Pete, we've had 2 of these and it was my guilty pleasure. I loved them both.
Old 17-06-12, 03:06 PM   #39
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
First MG I owned was a TF. Great car that puts a smile on just driving along.

Mine was a 135 with a miltek quad exhaust .... Loved the sound. Bet this is a right little screamer .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-12, 05:23 PM   #40
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Nice one Peter, can quite believe your going to enjoy it one hell of a lot