theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-03-13, 02:15 PM   #31
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckFeet View Post
@Craig
If you run to the red line a lot, when did you last change your fuel filter? I wonder if that is relevant. I still think the engine and journey length are the biggest factors.
In fairness I dont run it to the red line too often just incase it does drag up any crap through the system but I run it close to so the mileage may be different by a couple of miles each time.
Fuel filter was changed only a couple of months ago as can get them cheap so its changed at least once a year.
Journeys definately factor into it but if I now get 310 to a tank im lucky. Last time I got a really good amount out of it was enroute to Blackpool last year.
Old 28-03-13, 02:26 PM   #32
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
It's just different engines, some come out good from the factory and some don't. I had an engine transplant on one of my zeds, mk2, before I would get 300 if I as lucky worst was 200. Fitted a different engine, and it now gets 400 out of a tank regularly. That is with a decat on and I've fitted a magnet on the fuel line don't know if that does anything. Tyres do have a huge affect tho as I've fitted different tyres and noticed changes before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
Filled up last night and it worked out I had done 257 since last fill up with an average of 24.8mpg.

Redzed, ive looked at the magnet things, where did you fit yours in the bay, do you have a pic of that too?
Best ive ever had from mine was 365 on a gentle run through country and motorways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Raby View Post
I too am interested in the magnet thing

Magnets attached to a vehicle's fuel line have been claimed to improve fuel economy by aligning fuel molecules, but because motor fuels are non-polar, no such alignment or other magnetic effect on the fuel is possible. When tested, typical magnet devices had no effect on vehicle performance or economy.

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 02:51 PM   #33
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
I had a magnet on my old zr120 when i bought it,and i did a few runs with it on and off,same speed and distance,i worked it out to be roughly the same.But some people believe they work....Good explanation there zs
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 02:59 PM   #34
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Magnets attached to a vehicle's fuel line have been claimed to improve fuel economy by aligning fuel molecules, but because motor fuels are non-polar, no such alignment or other magnetic effect on the fuel is possible. When tested, typical magnet devices had no effect on vehicle performance or economy.

Have done more reading on these since that post and have decided that it does look like its more of the placebo effect with them than actually being able to do something for real.
Only when you read further into it you realise not all is as made out to be.
Old 28-03-13, 03:20 PM   #35
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Anything that gives you MPG increase as a bolt on for a few quid is probably a scam

General rule of thumb, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. lol

Oh... BTW.... I have a few of these Power enhancer resistors at home I could sell if you want, you will see a slight power increase and better MPG after fitting one, but you must change your fuel filter, air filter and oil\oil filter at the same time and ensure from then on you only use a max of half throttle (if you want better mpg) otherwise you won't see any benefit!

(Note, no price as I'm not really selling them its a "homage" to the ebay scams of old... lol )

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 03:40 PM   #36
Craig-ZS180

Haha, like it...

Ill have 3 please.
Old 28-03-13, 03:56 PM   #37
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
I'll have a few please....Can you send them to nigeria please
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-13, 04:00 PM   #38
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowthruster View Post
I'll have a few please....Can you send them to nigeria please
Only when you send him 1000GBP can he the release the goods to you for keep the funds return.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote