theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 24-08-10, 02:08 PM   #1
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
Ok will check it now. It did start raining then was sunny then was raining again every 15 mins and that was the last wire i connected and because of the rain i disconnected the soldering iron so maybe it wasn't hot enough when i used it on that wire and got a dry joint or something.
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-10, 03:46 PM   #2
haGGard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Check the joint on the blue wire ---- black/grey as thats the red LED for balance motor.
I've just been out and re-soldered the blue wire to a fresh new piece of the black/grey wire and its still not illuminating the left red LED. All i can think of now is maybe the LED itself is faulty?
Old 24-08-10, 03:50 PM   #3
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by haGGard View Post
I've just been out and re-soldered the blue wire to a fresh new piece of the black/grey wire and its still not illuminating the left red LED. All i can think of now is maybe the LED itself is faulty?
I did check them all before sending them out, I can send you out one of the rejected ones to check, I currently dont have any blanks to make anymore. But hopefully getting more in soon.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-10, 04:04 PM   #4
haGGard

I cant figure what else it could be Electronics isn't my strong point at all, apart from a simple ice install in my old car, this is the most advanced wiring work i've done on a car, so there's a high chance the error is with something i've done. If it gets working properly i'd be more than happy to send my blank back to you!
Old 24-08-10, 04:07 PM   #5
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Pm me your address, I have a few Blue ones and green ones that didnt quite make the grade. Will get one out for you to test out. I have plenty of components to make more just lacking blanks at the mo.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 24-08-10, 02:27 PM   #6
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Mine was slightly different, in that the red light worked as it should, but the green light didn't go on at all.

Looking at your lights Haggard, it looks like the balance motor is working. Maybe the wiring?
Old 24-08-10, 02:32 PM   #7
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
Mine was slightly different, in that the red light worked as it should, but the green light didn't go on at all.

Looking at your lights Haggard, it looks like the balance motor is working. Maybe the wiring?
Have you investigated it further Nor?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 11-10-10, 09:54 AM   #8
bilco

Have you got room for another one
Old 11-10-10, 10:02 AM   #9
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
Can I have one I don't get payed till the end of the month tho I could send you my blank now if it's helps?
vanishing days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-10, 06:08 PM   #10
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

So heres the latest list.

1. James - talkingcars (XPF ZS)
2. Boyracercarl (XPF ZS)
3. DradusContact (XPF ZS)
4. Gillway (XPF ZS)
5. Buzzlightyear00 (.org ZS)
6. deanbaker1986 (.org ZS)
7. Hayes'ee (.org ZT)
8. phoenix3dfx225 (.org)
9. Bilco (themgzs)
10. Vanishing days (themgzs)

Im looking at ordering more components at the moment, this time round Im planning on making them without the waterproof connectors and reducing the price from ?30 to ?25. The connectors are only used as a precaution for if the loom ever needs to be removed it saves unsoldering them. So if people are happy with this, I can get them ordered and made up. If for any reason you want the connector let me know and I could make them specially.

Also if people want to send me their blanks pm me for my address and I can then get started on them

2012 BMW 320d Sport