theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 28-01-13, 05:35 PM   #41
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
The idle increasing when you disconnect the breathers is normal, could some of your oil leak be oil getting blown out of the broken connector, the steam is probably just warm air from the breather condensing
It is definatly one of the sources, I went to wipe it as there is a distinct patch of oil around it. I think it will be connected up to the catch tank that I fitted 18 months ago but still haven't connected.
Old 01-02-13, 08:00 PM   #42
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Been driving the ZS this week - still love her............even after 5 years and that's almost half the time I've know the Mrs!

The most direct route to work is 9 miles, most of it is national speed limit dual carrageway with 7 roundabouts and 1 set of traffic lights, unfortunatly (or not depending which way you look at it) evening traffic means this takes 30-40 minutes to get home and has been made even worse by road works adding another roundabout and one of the cut throughs has been closed due to pipe laying, instead I've been taking the back roads - love it.

I've had a few packages arrive this week, couple of straps for the MGF hood, stainless steel under body coolant pipes for the F (they arrived at the garage), starter button (£2 delivered!), some brass fittings to repair the broken breather pipes and a new filler cap for the ZS.

The cap is going to make some difference, the seal on the current one is flush whith the cap so not doing much good.

And the best bit about this week?

Tomorow I'm catching a bus!

Why is that good you may ask?

Cos I'm going to collect the F, she's all fixed and MOTed and much more fun than the ZR to drive.
Old 02-02-13, 09:39 AM   #43
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
I like driving the TF, but for travelling up to London i'd always take the ZS.

Much easier drive.
Old 02-02-13, 05:16 PM   #44
talkingcars

It really depends on what we are doing, the ZS is definatly better for carrying more than 1 passanger and driving around town but the F is great fun.
Old 02-02-13, 05:18 PM   #45
talkingcars

I've now paid 18 months rental so have 4 legal running cars - choices, choices.
Old 04-02-13, 06:46 PM   #46
talkingcars

Sorted the damaged breather yesterday, involved brass tee peices and couplers and bashing one into the throttle body and some cloth braided hose and lots of heat shrink tubing.

Also replaced the oil filler cap, the seal on the old one was almost flat.

And then last night I hit a bit of a bargin - complete KV6 gasket set, timing belts, thermostat and oxygen probe bought from a land rover dealer for the princly sum of £50 and the guy brought them to me at work as he was nearby today. I was almost out there in the dark dismantaling engines when I got home from work.

Been driving the F now for a couple of days, forgotten how much fun it is and comparing speeds on regular roads I think it's almost as quick in a straight line as the ZS, definatly faster than the ZR despite officially having more than 10% less power.
Old 04-02-13, 07:03 PM   #47
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
I reckon the F feels faster, cause you are almost sitting level with the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-13, 07:34 PM   #48
talkingcars

LOL - I was looking at the speedo to find that I was going faster than I thought...........
Old 04-02-13, 07:41 PM   #49
talkingcars

2013 - one month in.

Spam post to change the title of the thread.
Old 09-02-13, 08:21 AM   #50
talkingcars

This weekend is not going to work out as I planned, was going to do the rolling road day and then come home and start replacing gaskets on the ZS.

Phone call at 1 a.m. was the first problem, "We've tried all the usual suspects but no one's available, could you just pop these pipes to Reading?".

That means I'll loose the morning sleeping.....

And on the way home it starts snowing......That will make it fun stripping engines down.