theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-01-11, 12:47 PM   #41
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Never been brave enough to bung anything but BP or Shell in, must admit stuck some Sainsburys derv in the other day.

Plus I always stick in some Miller Sport, still if prices keep going up might tempt me to try some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-11, 01:09 PM   #42
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
my local tescos is the most expensive at 130.9 now with shell being 126.9... strange no?
Old 05-01-11, 01:48 PM   #43
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Mine has put up with morrisons unleaded 122.9 at the min.
Doesnt stay in there long enough to do any harm is my method in the madness! lol

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 04:30 PM   #44
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Murco, was always the cheapest round here, wouldnt buy any from them, now at ?1.329 per litre, thats today, after passing it a few times going to the tip. Thats for derv, didnt look at the petrol.

Dont know what BP, Shell etc are.

Old 06-01-11, 08:47 PM   #45
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
I filled up the day before the rise. 122.9 from my local Shell. Since then, they have stayed at 122 yet all the supermarkets are now 125+ Strange!
That was the only time I have used the car in the last 5 weeks. Since then I have cycled to work every day (8mile round trip). Feel fitter and probably saved around ?40 in fuel. Up yours tory scum!

Last edited by mattie007; 06-01-11 at 08:49 PM.
mattie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 09:01 PM   #46
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
Up yours tory scum!

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 08:28 AM   #47
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

We are all moaning about the fuel price, 2/3 of the cost is tax and vat.

See where all the monies going.

Old 07-01-11, 08:43 AM   #48
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
We are all moaning about the fuel price, 2/3 of the cost is tax and vat.

See where all the monies going.

To drag us out of recesssion... I mean line the MP's pockets... er pay for their expenses... errr.. pay for the NHS... oh wait... errr...

To Be honest, if fuel prices were kept at the current levels and Road Fund License was removed (paid for out of the fuel duty) then I'd be happier... and we'd have a lot less untaxed cars on the road... oh and heavier users of the road would pay more in tax... which is the way it should be! - "But then the DVLA would be out of a job" I hear you say, well they know where every single untaxed car in the UK is... so put them in charge of Immigration, they'd do a great job!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 09:43 AM   #49
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Trouble is when you sit down and think about it, we, as motorist contribute a vast amount of tax and cash thats put into the ecomomy.

Road fund tax, I know some older vehicles are zero rated, but you V6 guys make up for them, where does that all go?? Not on roads, as seen by all the potholes.

MOT every year, another cost, but at least we know that most cars are maintained to a standard, at least when they come out of the MOT center.

Insurance, plus the Ins Tax?? Whats the Ins tax all about??

We all know about the fuel price, incl. the tax and VAT.

Never been in the position to buy a brand new car, but VAT will be charged.

Then all the garages that keep the cars going, plus the spares required, tyres, exhausts and the factor bits.

If they drive us all out of car ownership and make us use public transport, think of the money the govt would lose.

Rant rant rant.

Just thought of another annoying thing, road toll charges, I will not pay the M6 toll, I know I might have to sit in a jam on the old M6 but I think its the thin end of the wedge. End up with a 2 tier system of motorways, with the BMW and Jags using the pay by mile empty ones and everyone else sitting in jams on the others.

Old 07-01-11, 12:07 PM   #50
greenyzs180

greenyzs180 is on a distinguished road
prices

when i started driving it was 53p a litre and i had a mini at the time so it was lik running a moped to get around,now its like running hgv just to get down the road to fill up,i love my mg zs 180 so the prices arent gunna put me of but it doestake the ****!!
greenyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote