theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-08-11, 01:28 PM   #41
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Park about 2 foot from the kerb ! Thats what i do , my wife always says "can you call me a taxi to get to the kerb" yeah very funny but my alloys are spotless ! (unlike the ones on her car ! )
I always get caught out backing up, I put it down to our road being bent and the curve catches me out. Thats even though it looks straight.

Wheels really knackered, but Ive just painted over the worse parts with the starlight sparkle paint.

Old 19-08-11, 09:10 AM   #42
andy666

andy666 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
I always get caught out backing up, I put it down to our road being bent and the curve catches me out. Thats even though it looks straight.

Wheels really knackered, but Ive just painted over the worse parts with the starlight sparkle paint.

I know what you mean , the sister in law lives right on a bend in the road and the curve has almost caught me out a couple of times ! Anyway back on topic , best i have done is 144 miles from ?20 at 135.9 a litre (120+) Any good? Nowhere near what a TD could get i suppose
Old 19-08-11, 09:15 AM   #43
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Think we need Dan, or some other clever one, to work out mpg, too early for me, or too complicated, dont know which.

Old 19-08-11, 10:46 AM   #44
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
?20 = 2000p

so that is 2000/135.9 = 14.7 L

144/14.7 =9.8mpl
9.8*4.54 = 44mpg

the problem with that is that it is not very accurate, as the tank and guages are never even etc... you need to do it with a 'brim to brim' test to really know....

if it is accurate though it is exceptional mpg
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-11, 11:53 AM   #45
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Think we need Dan, or some other clever one, to work out mpg, too early for me, or too complicated, dont know which.

Bless ....

All I do is measure how many litres I put in and how many miles I got up until that point. Reset your trip next time you fill up, and then when you do, take note of the litres you put in - not the cost.

So - 45 litres in for example. 45 x .22 = 9.9

Miles covered = 350 therefore miles per gallon is 350 divided by 9.9 = 35.3mpg
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-11, 12:29 PM   #46
andy666

andy666 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Bless ....

All I do is measure how many litres I put in and how many miles I got up until that point. Reset your trip next time you fill up, and then when you do, take note of the litres you put in - not the cost.

So - 45 litres in for example. 45 x .22 = 9.9

Miles covered = 350 therefore miles per gallon is 350 divided by 9.9 = 35.3mpg
Thanks to you and p b82, i will do some maths next time i hand over some cash to the treasury! Approx 44mpg not bad ! But i do drive like Miss Daisy is in the back .
Old 19-08-11, 05:54 PM   #47
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Hi Dan, tried to reset my trip two or three times and failed.

Need a how to, I'm afraid, Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 19-08-11, 06:33 PM   #48
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Hi Dan, tried to reset my trip two or three times and failed.

Need a how to, I'm afraid, Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh !!! You are kidding me !!!
Old 19-08-11, 07:47 PM   #49
peterzs
promoted bloke!

No!!! I tried pulling the little knob out, it goes to 0000 and then doesnt do anything??????
Old 19-08-11, 08:14 PM   #50
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
No!!! I tried pulling the little knob out, it goes to 0000 and then doesnt do anything??????
Press it once and it alternates between trip and actual mileage. Get it onto trip and then hold it in. It will then zero........Bless.