theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-11, 10:51 PM   #1
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Everything is pointing me towards a bloomin zed!

Oh dear, probably not the best place to post this but soddit

So you all know well enough I'm trying to decide on a next car.

Currently, I'm driving a Focus Mk 1.8 which I'm happily running into the ground. Its a great car and suits my needs fine...but its so bloody boring!

Now, I'm pending about 5k in cash plus I'll be on a new contract soon (one way or the other as I have to stay in work) so I can afford to buy myself something tasty.

I've been and looked at everything. Browsed pistonheads for hours looking at anything that mildly takes my interest, my problem is to get anything properly nice I want it's out of budget, most things quick are just too expensive to justify insuring.

Pretty much every single thing points back to getting back into another ZS.

Nice beefy V6, good engine power and noise, tuneable (to a degree), I know them inside and out, good supporting community, within budget, insurable...

It just makes a lot of bloody sense to do it!

But at the same time, my last one spent a god awful amount of time off the road! I'm really having trouble deciding if its worth the potential hazards...

But then again, my last one spent so much time off the road due to it initially being stolen and being bodge repaired which caused endless problems (as you all know about)

Basically I'm really struggling finding another car I want and suits my needs and fits the requirements...good thing I like em eh! lol

What I'd like to hear is from people who specifically have 180's, use them EVERYDAY and for them to list the issues they've had, and how often...I know full well after 18 months of ownership what they can be like, but then again mine was plagued with problems due to issues mentioned above.

I'd only buy one if I found one with belts done, FSH, catch tank done, vis valves and plenum replaced if needed etc etc - so a very specific car.

So, tell me your ZS ownership storys...I'd like to know whats broken and when, how you drive it, how old it is, how many miles you do (if I get this new contract I'll be doing 300+ miles a week...with other trips normally working out 20k a year basically.

So guys, sell it to me!