theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-11-10, 06:50 PM   #51
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
thats crap mate,sorry to hear that,get more info from the ins comp mate,its a real shame if ye cant get the stuff off it,but its still your car aint it?
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 06:51 PM   #52
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
Gutting Gary. Just a case of finding out price insurers will sell it back to you for, and then finding out how much it'd cost you to repair, then doing the sums as to whether it's worth it. What's damaged on the car? Just the bodywork, or are the chasis/wheels/engine fecked too?

Maybe it's a good chance for a new start though. There are plenty of bargain Zeds out there.
if its a cat b you cant buy it back,thats what i got told when kel wrote mine off
Old 01-11-10, 07:00 PM   #53
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
sure if you swing the bodyshop a bit theyll let you take what you want off it mate if they sy(you cant take any bits off it
Old 01-11-10, 07:27 PM   #54
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
if its a cat b you cant buy it back,thats what i got told when kel wrote mine off
That right i was told the same for my 45

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 08:54 PM   #55
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Would be a shame for you to start all over again from scratch.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 09:53 PM   #56
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Been off the forum for a bit but sorry to read that your car has had a nasty shunt by some-one not paying attention - regardless of it being your fault or not for the original accident!

Glad to read that you are ok though and that is the most important thing here!

hope you are either able to salvage the parts you want off it, or buy it back and get it sorted..... good luck with it.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 10:09 PM   #57
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Wonder what happens with insurance as it's two difference accidents! It may be the guy that shunted you pushed it from cat c to b. Surly they should be treated as separate.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 10:13 PM   #58
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
yeah i know what you mean jay, surely he has to pay some of it? thats going to be complicated:S
Old 01-11-10, 10:26 PM   #59
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Yep, I reckon it could be quite a drawn out process unfortunately with the insurers arguing who pays how much and to whom. Hopefully it will all get sorted sharpish though.

Yip no looking forward to the starting again bit but well thats what I might just have to do, ideally if i get another 180 it will have the 1st mods done to it like exhaust and induction. Will just have to see what turns up tbh An have to keep an eye out as to where mine is going salvage yard wise
Old 01-11-10, 11:02 PM   #60
andys1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Yep, I reckon it could be quite a drawn out process unfortunately with the insurers arguing who pays how much and to whom. Hopefully it will all get sorted sharpish though.

Yip no looking forward to the starting again bit but well thats what I might just have to do, ideally if i get another 180 it will have the 1st mods done to it like exhaust and induction. Will just have to see what turns up tbh An have to keep an eye out as to where mine is going salvage yard wise
get in there dig deep ma man,personally ad tie a rope to masel and drag it oot the scrappys,wouldny get far but thats how a felt after ma motor was done,fight aw the way,well just get a squad with tools! for taking the alloys etc off then strip it mate,get as much as we can lol