Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
what turbo did you fit?

Dave

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 10:47 AM   #52
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
its not that big compared to some..... a TDo5 18G.... but I,m running 2 bar of boost on 10% methenol.... makes an interesting drive Oh and a daughterboard in the ECU
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 04:53 PM   #53
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Any bigger and im sure the physical size will become a problem squeezing in around the gearbox housing and radiator, i like the easy life

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-09, 03:54 PM   #54
SticklesMickles

SticklesMickles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
its not that big compared to some..... a TDo5 18G.... but I,m running 2 bar of boost on 10% methenol.... makes an interesting drive Oh and a daughterboard in the ECU

2bar on an 18g is a bit high mate!?!

I have the 18g flowchart on my PC at home so i can check later, but if i remember rightly that is to much boost for the 18g

I ran my ported and polished 16g at 1.65bar (midrange peak) on the ej257 block and while it went rather well with the midrange torque, (and minimal lag due to the larger engine) it did not last as long as i would have liked on the stock pistons

Last edited by SticklesMickles; 16-11-09 at 04:02 PM.
SticklesMickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-09, 05:30 PM   #55
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
well the car is back home now lots of evenings will be spent getting wet and cold to finish this project...i sure hope its worth it!!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

Old 21-01-10, 05:03 PM   #56
carmadbaker

Well peeps about time for an update i guess!
So:

Suspension:
Well i fitted up the SPAX RSX to the zed, wasn't too much agro, took a couple of decent weekends amongst snow (ggrr) but its all sorted now, not dropped it much lower than standard but just enough

Brakes:
My ZS shell was brake-less when i bought it, decided to use 620ti calipers and brakes just to be different and see if they were ANY different to the ZS ones. Got some standard vented ZS disks all round, all new pads too.
Had to machine the 620ti brake caliper carriers to fit around the larger ZS disks, but wasn't to hard and they fit perfectly! Standard brake calipers on the rear.
Of course i gave them a lick of red paint and hey presto all done!
They strangely look larger than my standard ZS brakes...not sure if its just an illusion or whether they actually are!
To top it off i equipped it with goodridge braided lines.

Interior:
Well after a little hunting i finally found some red corbeau bucket seats to fit in place of my brand new standard ZS seats, had to build a subframe to fit them but they are slowly coming along! I'll take some pictures when they are fitted and you can let me know what you think.

Engine: (fun bit!) (pics to follow)
The engine went for a rebore and facing, its now officially a 2.1 t-series, had it matched to my 86mm Arias pistons. Obviously pistons, rods and bearings have all arrived so im just waiting for the head, gasket kit, clutch and gearbox bearings before it gets fully re-built and dropped into my zed!

Notes:
Had to buy an alloy 220 coupe rad (not cheap!) to suit my intercooler which takes the best possible route over the rad from the turbo then straight into the T/B.

I'll take loads more photos at the weekend, much more interesting to look at!
peace out!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

Old 21-01-10, 05:09 PM   #57
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
Now this is a great car in the making , a proper Rover/MG engine , non of that VAG crap , I cant wait for the pics and road test
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-10, 05:14 PM   #58
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Well done Dan, must be dedicated to get out in the snow and work on it, what will the bhp when itsa up and running???? Be interesting when its on track.

Old 21-01-10, 05:40 PM   #59
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
Wow is all i can say, id love to do all that to mine, iv had a 220 coupe turbo along with a 420 gsi turbo and 4 imprezas and to say with a little work to the t-series then it would be more than a match for an impreza, Keep up the good work and pics coming
nath86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-10, 06:07 PM   #60
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like youve been very busy cant wait to see the pics! Gonna be quite a monster

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote