Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 25-06-12, 05:14 PM   #61
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
ive seen an MGF for a decent Price but Hmmmm DO IO Or Dont i

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...47eh?logcode=p

Last edited by Bobdope2002; 25-06-12 at 05:16 PM.
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-12, 05:48 PM   #62
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
ive seen an MGF for a decent Price but Hmmmm DO IO Or Dont i

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...47eh?logcode=p
If its a good un tim do it,i would love a tf my cousin has one and its an awesome wee car.
Old 25-06-12, 05:55 PM   #63
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

70k though????

Ive seen a few on autotrader with 50k on for the same price with a full leather interior
Old 25-06-12, 05:59 PM   #64
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

The TF 160 has a quicker 0-60 time than a 180, beats it by 0.4 of a second, suppose they are lighter and VVC.

I was going to buy a MGF, hard top etc for £1295, but that had gone. Garage had the 03 reg tf in Typhoon with all the goodies, a/c, spots, hard top, cost a bit more but still a lot of car for the money.

Best thing is to take the MGF out for a drive, you can tell if it feels right and you enjoy driving it, within 1/2 a mile or so.

That one looks a good buy, are nippy little things.

Makes my ZS Derv feel so big, these tf's seem to fit round you.

Dont think you will be disappointed.

Old 25-06-12, 06:08 PM   #65
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
The TF 160 has a quicker 0-60 time than a 180, beats it by 0.4 of a second, suppose they are lighter and VVC.

I was going to buy a MGF, hard top etc for £1295, but that had gone. Garage had the 03 reg tf in Typhoon with all the goodies, a/c, spots, hard top, cost a bit more but still a lot of car for the money.

Best thing is to take the MGF out for a drive, you can tell if it feels right and you enjoy driving it, within 1/2 a mile or so.

That one looks a good buy, are nippy little things.

Makes my ZS Derv feel so big, these tf's seem to fit round you.

Dont think you will be disappointed.

I might go take a look at that one
Old 25-06-12, 06:46 PM   #66
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

We will have to have a new F, TF forum at this rate.

Hope its a good one, dont do what I did, didnt look at the oil filler, didnt look at the dip stick, didnt look at the colour of the coolant in the expansion bottle, didnt look underneath.

In fact just jumped in it, took it for a test drive and wanted it!!!!

Only when I got back home did I remember, all the things to check list.

I'd just take it for a reasonably long drive to get it up to temperature, and make sure it doesnt go over 1/2 way on the temp gauge, they also have an oil temp gauge so check that. Stick it in 5th. and put your foot down just to make sure the clutch doesnt slip. Park on a hill if you can and make sure the handbrake holds.

Good luck with it and remember there are a few out there, tell the guy you are going to view a 160 thats the same year and £1500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 25-06-12, 06:55 PM   #67
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
We will have to have a new F, TF forum at this rate.

Hope its a good one, dont do what I did, didnt look at the oil filler, didnt look at the dip stick, didnt look at the colour of the coolant in the expansion bottle, didnt look underneath.

In fact just jumped in it, took it for a test drive and wanted it!!!!

Only when I got back home did I remember, all the things to check list.

I'd just take it for a reasonably long drive to get it up to temperature, and make sure it doesnt go over 1/2 way on the temp gauge, they also have an oil temp gauge so check that. Stick it in 5th. and put your foot down just to make sure the clutch doesnt slip. Park on a hill if you can and make sure the handbrake holds.

Good luck with it and remember there are a few out there, tell the guy you are going to view a 160 thats the same year and £1500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for that Pete

where shud the oil temp get too???

theyres one in Bolton with 50k on the clock for the same price and has full eathers interior too

one question though what are they like as an everyday drive....i dont do many miles admidtadley but dont wanna be cramped up........
Old 25-06-12, 07:19 PM   #68
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Think its running 120 ish on the oil side, about a 1/4 on the gauge.

I find them comfortable, seats are good, I'm not that tall, more wide, think if you are on the tall side you have to wriggle down a bit to see under the hood front rail.

In the ZS you sit up straight, in the tf you are more laying down, makes it feel like a F1 drive. (or very nearly).

Wife says it feels as roomy as the ZS, more leg room. Wouldnt worry me having it as a every day drive. Saying that Tim, I'v only had it a couple of weeks!! But its been out more than the ZS!!!!

Check the exhaust system at the back, need to look under the rear bumper, can look very rusty and cost a bit to renew!!

Old 25-06-12, 07:31 PM   #69
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

well im 6 ft 6 we may have a problem
Old 25-06-12, 07:46 PM   #70
peterzs
promoted bloke!

There was a mod to reduce the height of the seat, so you sit lower, but a test drive first, I reckon.