AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 11-05-13, 08:07 AM   #81
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Great to see all the work going on, looking like a motor now.

Glad the bits turned up OK.

Bet you cant wait for the installation and start up.

Yeah, it is coming along well !

Im hoping installation will be in the next 2 weeks ! but then i will have to deal with a loom... will defiantly be good to hear it run (hope to god the bottom end is good

Thanks for the kind comments on the state of the engine... at least someone appreciates the red paint
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 08:14 AM   #82
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Been following the posts with interest, may be not many comments, but bet a lot are waiting for the Big Turn on.

Painted my AP calipers on the TF, red of course.

So can appreciate the work thats gone into yours. I didnt bother getting the MG and the lines, on the top, back to shiny alloy.

Yours will look good when its all back and going.

Old 11-05-13, 08:17 AM   #83
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 08:21 AM   #84
Din

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
I didnt bother getting the MG and the lines, on the top, back to shiny alloy.
Flat block and some sand paper

I think actual fire up is some way off, lots to do once the lump is in, not just the loom.

I have so many thoughts about how the hell to get the ac plumbed in... but i think im just going get the engine and box in and on there mounts and go from there...

And the cooling fans... im sure the condenser fan from the 420 will be fine but the cooling fan might be in the way of the turbo...

I would like to use the oe zs fans,but again i have no idea yet !
Old 11-05-13, 08:37 AM   #85
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Paint - Sounds easy put like that.

I'll have a bash next time the wheels are off!!!

Sure you will sort it all out, re the plumbing in and fans.

Always makes me wonder how they get the V8 engines in the MGB's. Never looks enough room. Suppose it has a biggish engine bay, when you look at the 1.8 B series engine, that is usually in there.
Old 11-05-13, 09:28 AM   #86
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Are you fitting a intercooler and if so where?

If you are keeping the ZS rad and condenser and then a FMIC you will either have to leave a gap for the ZS fans or fit them on the back.

Don't do what numpty did on my maestro conversion and wedge the fan between the S series 1600 rad and the turbo, to make it worse it was the O series 2.0i fan that blows from the front and he had it on the suck side so that it would blow from the engine bay forwards.......
Old 11-05-13, 10:12 AM   #87
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post

If you are keeping the ZS rad and condenser and then a FMIC you will either have to leave a gap for the ZS fans or fit them on the back.

Don't do what numpty did on my maestro conversion and wedge the fan between the S series 1600 rad and the turbo, to make it worse it was the O series 2.0i fan that blows from the front and he had it on the suck side so that it would blow from the engine bay forwards.......
lol, was it wired with Scotch Loks as well

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 10:37 AM   #88
Din

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post

I was going to use the 420gsi condenser and pipework, this has the condenser fan fitted in front, then i was going to fit the 620ti rad and intercooler behind and use the 420 gsi cooling fan on it, but if the ZS fans will fit front of the 420gsi condenser it might make for neater job... but im just gonna have to play about once the Kv6 is out of the ZS.
Old 11-05-13, 10:46 AM   #89
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
lol, was it wired with Scotch Loks as well
No but other bits were or just twisted together, sometimes with insulation tape, sometimes not!
Old 11-05-13, 05:11 PM   #90
Din

Right, core plugs done 8)

Thats a new rear main oil seal obviously as well

Then i got a little carried away doing stuff.

Fitted stainless exhaust manifold studs and new gasket.

Fitted new rocker cover gaskets and stainless bolt kit :mrgreen:

Then the gearbox adapter plate and flywheel so i could time up the engine, i need to fully tighten the flywheel bolts but i only had limited tools at home today.

New cam-belt and tensioner.

Last but not least i thought i would hang the exhaust manifold and turbo on the front, again these need to be torqued up properly and new gaskets fitting on the turbo drain.

All i have to do now is clean up the water pump housing etc and get that fitted along with the clutch and gearbox, ill get that done later next week