theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 01-07-12, 06:20 PM   #11
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Wow ..... That is serious money mate ..... Hope you get to drive it soon then. Just don't stack it into the first corner ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 06:21 PM   #12
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
...Just don't stack it into the first corner ....
If I did that I think I would just sit and burn with it

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 06:30 PM   #13
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road

Jeez Louise Drive it once and get it stored away lol
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 09:40 PM   #14
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
No, the engine isn't quite finished yet and I'm still trying to track down the last few bits for the brakes

It's a tiny part of a huge picture. A guy on another forum tried to buy it off me last year in it's current state for £18k so I started to add everything up to see how much of a loss it would be - I knew unfinished it would be a loss, but at the time i was totally fed up with it sucking my finances dry at every oppertunity.

Lets just say I stopped when I got past the £30k mark with a stack of stuff still to go through

Dreadnought think I'm mad... I could have built a brand new Trophy race car from the ground up and raced it for a few seasons for less
youve done well with this mate,its cost you,but im sure you see its worth it mate,top top effort mate,cant wait till its all done,big respect for keeping the faith with it,well done ross!!
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 10:52 PM   #15
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
No, the engine isn't quite finished yet and I'm still trying to track down the last few bits for the brakes

It's a tiny part of a huge picture. A guy on another forum tried to buy it off me last year in it's current state for £18k so I started to add everything up to see how much of a loss it would be - I knew unfinished it would be a loss, but at the time i was totally fed up with it sucking my finances dry at every oppertunity.

Lets just say I stopped when I got past the £30k mark with a stack of stuff still to go through

Dreadnought think I'm mad... I could have built a brand new Trophy race car from the ground up and raced it for a few seasons for less
At the end of the day Ross, in the right circles that thing will be priceless. Not as if ya come across one every other week/month/year is it. You keep going, cant wait to see it up and running.
Old 02-07-12, 05:22 AM   #16
Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
thanks lads, it's always nice to know how much everyone is behind it

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 02-07-12, 08:07 AM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Cannot wait to see this one day. I admire your persistence on this project, many would have given up.
Old 02-07-12, 08:14 AM   #18
Maxxed_Ross

thanks mate. To be honest I nearly did... twice, and as I said earlier I seriously thought about cutting my losses and selling it. It's too far gone now and too close to being finished to quit now.

If it wasn't for having to save up for this holiday down under in August it probably would be finished now, but that combined with the costs of buying my first house last year ahve seriously hit my wallet - I've more or less totally run out of funding for it so progress has slowed. Jobs that I can't do myself are having to wait.

But I suppose that's what makes it worth it. I've be hands on with every part of the project from helping get it ready for painting to fitting the engine - so I'm quite proud of how it's turned out so far.

And of course I'd have been totally lost without Dreadnought helping me at every step

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 02-07-12, 08:18 AM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It's a one off so you should be proud of what you've achieved considering the state of it when you bought it. Hard to put a price on something like this.