Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-12, 11:14 AM   #41
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Maybe look at something like the ZT V8 70mm TB, have a simple adaptor plate made up.
If it's running DTA I've seen a KV6 with the VIS system de-activated and the flaps locked open, in fact I think Drew has the car now. It made very good low end torque even with all the stock inlet and it's flaps still in place, so with DTA you can map the torque curve.
I think with the increased flow from the inlet the the stock cams and valve train will be the limiting factor, to make the most of the new arrangement it would benefit from a compression hike and some nice cams.

What size exhaust manifold and secondaries are you going to run?
hi ya eddie
to be 100% honest i think we will have to wait for the R/R and see if it needs a bigger T/B or not never thought about a V8 one before
i do have a DTA for it but there are no vis valves on my car also i have the 270 cams in place with J/S manifolds and the rest of the zorst done and light weight flywheel all fitted
Old 14-03-12, 01:02 PM   #42
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
All the mods couple together should see some respectable gains, 210 to 220 I would be pleased with what's been done, I think you'll pick up a lump of torque through-out the range.
Just one last question, in the pictures on page 3 I see cable ties holding something in place under the air box, they look to be wrapped around the fuel rail?
Old 14-03-12, 01:06 PM   #43
readie86

readie86 is on a distinguished road
love the throttle body set up nice project
Old 14-03-12, 03:42 PM   #44
tb steve

Quote:
All the mods couple together should see some respectable gains, 210 to 220 I would be pleased with what's been done, I think you'll pick up a lump of torque through-out the range.
Just one last question, in the pictures on page 3 I see cable ties holding something in place under the air box, they look to be wrapped around the fuel rail?
i would like to see abit more than that but we dont know what it will gain and the cable ties was a test fit got all new fuel rails now

Quote:
Originally Posted by readie86 View Post
love the throttle body set up nice project
thank you
Old 14-03-12, 04:42 PM   #45
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
whats wrong with the normal zs throttle body, tbh i dont see any gain coming from a bigger t.b.
Is that all it needs, just a throttle body and then mapping on the rollers ?
Old 14-03-12, 05:37 PM   #46
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
its got 6 individual throttle bodys has it not?

oh had an look and it doesnt, thought it did:/

Last edited by Ritchy; 14-03-12 at 05:53 PM.
Old 15-03-12, 10:25 PM   #47
tb steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
whats wrong with the normal zs throttle body, tbh i dont see any gain coming from a bigger t.b.
Is that all it needs, just a throttle body and then mapping on the rollers ?
you could be right there may be no or little gain with bigger t/b think G did ask the main man at WSR and he said that as well but that was on the 2.0 v6 until she goes on the R/R we just dont know

whats left to do well the big things are mapping,t/b(may be or not ???) air box/induction and probably some small bits to do as well
Old 16-03-12, 08:29 PM   #48
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
awesome, you will have it back in a week or 2 max then, make sure you get some videos up asap. Were all waiting.......
Old 16-03-12, 10:35 PM   #49
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
awesome, you will have it back in a week or 2 max then, make sure you get some videos up asap. Were all waiting.......
Dave its back when its back.

Steve is kept up to date with progress as and when its made.

There isnt much to do now as Steve said, but im not around to work on it at the min.

However the end is near.

G
Old 16-03-12, 10:41 PM   #50
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That picture was taken during mock up.

There are no cable ties there now !
Closed Thread