theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-01-14, 09:47 AM   #11
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I can't remember what colour the cables were, I had to fit a new plug for the replacement sensor, but it was a few years back.

The Haynes doesn't show much for the mk2.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-14, 10:02 AM   #12
jonnybriggs69

jonnybriggs69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I can answer this tomorrow as I am replacing my sensor, weather permitting!
Smokey - that would be awesome! If you would be able to take a quick picture whilst you're at it too..... would be fantastic!! Fingers crossed on the waether for you? Do you have the same E4 error? My fans won't come on at all..... do you think this will sort?
jonnybriggs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-14, 10:56 AM   #13
jonnybriggs69

:-)

Last edited by jonnybriggs69; 13-01-14 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Personal idiocy.
Old 13-01-14, 11:17 AM   #14
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I doubt it will fix the fan issue as it's just a sensor for external temp. My system works full except the flashing E4 error code (and that it thinks it's 34 degrees celcius out!)

I will take photos too.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-14, 11:30 AM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybriggs69 View Post
Smokey - that would be awesome! If you would be able to take a quick picture whilst you're at it too..... would be fantastic!! Fingers crossed on the waether for you? Do you have the same E4 error? My fans won't come on at all..... do you think this will sort?
Which fans are we talking about, the engine cooling fans, or the blower motor for the interior.

You can make the atc do a self test by keeping the auto button pressed and turning the key to position 2, it should show any fault codes.

Old 13-01-14, 12:28 PM   #16
jonnybriggs69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I doubt it will fix the fan issue as it's just a sensor for external temp. My system works full except the flashing E4 error code (and that it thinks it's 34 degrees celcius out!)

I will take photos too.
Ahh. ******. At this point I had assumed that it would fix it. The interior fans don't work at all....they did work once when I first got it - ive done a couple of hundred miles now and they wont come on at all. Would this be something else entirley then?

Thanks again for your willingness to help!
Old 13-01-14, 12:38 PM   #17
jonnybriggs69

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Which fans are we talking about, the engine cooling fans, or the blower motor for the interior.

You can make the atc do a self test by keeping the auto button pressed and turning the key to position 2, it should show any fault codes.

Sorry - yes its the internal fans/blowers that aren't working - it did work briefly a couple times a few weeks ago - but not at all now.

I had (rather stupidly it seems) assumed that the fixing E4 error code would fix fans.....

I have done the test and along with E4 I have had an E9 error too. I will do the test again this evening and see if it does anything else!

Any further ideas - I'm not to bothered about the external temperature then - although I would like to put the e4 error right......... the important thing is to get the fans blowing!
Old 13-01-14, 01:06 PM   #18
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

E4 is the interior temp sensor, it's located behind the little grill next to the atc display.

E9 is the external sensor clipped to the l/h foglight bracket, the cable colours for the external sensor are Blue/White and Black/Grey.

Old 13-01-14, 01:14 PM   #19
jonnybriggs69

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
E4 is the interior temp sensor, it's located behind the little grill next to the atc display.

E9 is the external sensor clipped to the l/h foglight bracket, the cable colours for the external sensor are Blue/White and Black/Grey.
Thank you Pete. Are we saying then that it is the sensors that are stopping the fans from working - or would that be something else?

Cheers
Old 13-01-14, 01:34 PM   #20
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

The exterior one, no, it'll just give wild outside temp readings, the interior one quite possibly.

The blower fan is really easy to access from the passenger foot well, it's fitted to the bottom of the heater unit with 3 bolts, and the power connector, it would be worth popping it out to make sure it spins freely.