theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-04-08, 04:14 PM   #11
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
When Iv got the kids in the car im very cautious of idiots on the road. The extreme spoiler definately attracts idiots.

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-08, 06:47 PM   #12
JIMZS180
Site Supporter

JIMZS180 is on a distinguished road
I agree I tend to be more cautious when family aboard but have also been trying to conserve the fuel recently,still managing to get filled up ok so far!!!
Old 26-04-08, 07:59 PM   #13
weagie

weagie is on a distinguished road
doesnt help when the local stations wack up the prices, the robbing bstards should be fined for taking advantage.
weagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-08, 09:28 PM   #14
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Not 60....

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 01:08 AM   #15
dave87

dave87 is on a distinguished road
craig if things get tough come up here to killie we are swimming in fuel here honest. Also any Morrisons garages dont get there fuel from grangemouth so they shouldn't have much in the way of supply issues as long as they are getting a few extras to compensate for all the panic buying
dave87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 02:30 AM   #16
dj_russell

dj_russell is on a distinguished road
on a good day ill say 60 and tbh even when driving fast in a 30 ill do 30 maybe 35 at a push.motorways and nice roads im not even going to mention my speeds as ill get slated. most of the time now thoiugh i sit at the speed klimit and thats not because i want to its because the police are always out looking for it thats a few browny points for them.
Old 27-04-08, 02:32 AM   #17
dj_russell

dj_russell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by weagie View Post
doesnt help when the local stations wack up the prices, the robbing bstards should be fined for taking advantage.
thats where people are making a commen mistake dont forget gordons getting 90p(or near that)from your litre of petro. ik love the way he shifts the blame to oil refinarys.
Old 27-04-08, 07:02 AM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
See my post on fuel ecconomy about saving fuel.

I get really annoyed with people who drive constantly below the speed limit with no obvious reason to do so. If it is safe to do so one should drive to the speed limit!

Don't forget that most speedos read upto 10% faster than your actually speed, my MGZS180 is no excemption (tested against GPS) so at an indicated 50mph one is actually only doing 45mph, 25% below the speed limit!
Old 27-04-08, 09:59 AM   #19
bnthchix

bnthchix is on a distinguished road
ive just read through a few things that people have put down on here and in my opinion, speed limits are put there for a reason, i see that yes it can be dangerous to drive at 50 in a 60 zone, the speed limit is there for a reason, obviously if there is a reason you need to go slow like road works ect ect then fine, but doing it just cos it saves fuel or you feel its safer is not good, so yes ill repeat myself again, the speed limit is there for a reason, if everyone was to go at the speed limit and not dither about then the roads would be a little more safe, but going over the speed limit is wrong, people who do that cos they think they look good or whatever shouldnt be driving full stop. anyway thats what i think.
bnthchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 10:04 AM   #20
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjkd View Post
i find it so hard to stick to 60
why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnthchix View Post
ive just read through a few things that people have put down on here and in my opinion, speed limits are put there for a reason, i see that yes it can be dangerous to drive at 50 in a 60 zone, the speed limit is there for a reason, obviously if there is a reason you need to go slow like road works ect ect then fine, but doing it just cos it saves fuel or you feel its safer is not good, so yes ill repeat myself again, the speed limit is there for a reason, if everyone was to go at the speed limit and not dither about then the roads would be a little more safe, but going over the speed limit is wrong, people who do that cos they think they look good or whatever shouldnt be driving full stop. anyway thats what i think.

you're on fire today!

but i do agree, ive been in car with Andy and theres times we've been behind folk who keep breaking, or peeps who do over 60. they just have no consideration.

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote