theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-04-08, 10:04 AM   #21
Jem

Jem is on a distinguished road
Dont rely on gps to tell you your speed lol

So if you are driving 60 and someone infront of you is driving 60 what happens if they brake hard enough to mess up well you will go into them

Your driving could be A+++ but think of the other idots on the road

I was driving just under 30 went past a car that was parked on the sie of the road what does he do?? Well he pulls out without even looking drives in the side of me but he doesn't stop he just keeps driving which makes my car a write off

He doesn't car what he did he didn't seem to care that i had my kid in the back,i jumped out my car so fast i checked on my daughter then i went for the driver,why didn't her care well it was his company car and he owns the company

I allways drive slowly through the twon and this is what can happen at slow speeds

As the police told me a long long time ago speed limits are for a reason,But you dont need to go as fast as it saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
How can I be so thirsty in the morning, when I drank so much last night?:

Last edited by Jem; 27-04-08 at 10:07 AM.
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 10:05 AM   #22
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
50 in a 60 would not even give you a minor fault in a driving test,I go 50 becuase i use less diesel there is no need to do 60 well unless you are a boy racer

Oyea i might also say the reason my driving is better than 7years ago is now i have a 7year old in my car

Im very responsible when it comes to children in the car

40 or 45 in a 60 would be a big fault on a test,50 in a 60 would not

Thats just stupid driving 40-45 in a 60

My wife failed a driving test by driving at 50 in a 60 and she was told by the examiner she was over cautious and not making proper progress due to her speed.
Old 27-04-08, 10:07 AM   #23
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
but isnt it the right thing though, to be cautious? i mean you have to be these days with the amount of k***s on the road.

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 10:10 AM   #24
Jem

Driving tests can be a funny thing you can fail one time do the same thing the next time and you could pass,Its all down to who you have

When im driving i think of saftey and what idots are on the road

But then again driving tests have changed since i passed

Also if you talk to the police they will tell you how many people think its ok to drive fast and how many people who will have a crash because they follow the speed limit

Remember the police know what they are talking about when it comes to driving as they have to do very advance driving courses

Quote:

Last edited by Jem; 27-04-08 at 10:19 AM.
Old 27-04-08, 11:23 AM   #25
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
A lot of people drive too fast for the conditions, I don't understand people on the motorway in fog who put their fog lights on then continue at 70mph. If you have your fogs on you know visibility is seriously reduced so why continue at 70mph?!
People blame everybody else for their bad driving and I see it time after time interviewing people for careless driving. One person said the ONLY way the accident could have been avoided was if they hadn't had to pick their child up from school. It had nothing to do with following the car in front too closely!
Old 27-04-08, 12:13 PM   #26
bnthchix

bnthchix is on a distinguished road
you will only go into them if you are too close, not because you are both doing the speed limit, you have to keep a safe distance, and doing that dont mean that you have to trundle along at 50. yes its right to be cautious BUT being too cautious can be dangerous as well as going too fast or too slow, going at 60 or 30 or VERY VERY close to it, is the best way to be on the roads and like i said before many of times, the speed limit is there for a reason, and if you dont go as fast as it says I.E....if its 60 and you are doing just a couple below, then that can be fine, but if its ment to be 60 and you are going 50 you will get pulled over by the police and questioned ect ect, like i said before, if everyone did 60 in a 60 zone and 30 in a 30 ect ect then the roads would be a bit more safe and everyone would know where they stand on the road. people who think its ok to go hairing down the road make me so mad. its just totally wrong, same with going too slow, its just damn right dangerous.
bnthchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 12:20 PM   #27
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnthchix View Post
you will only go into them if you are too close, not because you are both doing the speed limit, you have to keep a safe distance, and doing that dont mean that you have to trundle along at 50. yes its right to be cautious BUT being too cautious can be dangerous as well as going too fast or too slow, going at 60 or 30 or VERY VERY close to it, is the best way to be on the roads and like i said before many of times, the speed limit is there for a reason, and if you dont go as fast as it says I.E....if its 60 and you are doing just a couple below, then that can be fine, but if its ment to be 60 and you are going 50 you will get pulled over by the police and questioned ect ect, like i said before, if everyone did 60 in a 60 zone and 30 in a 30 ect ect then the roads would be a bit more safe and everyone would know where they stand on the road. people who think its ok to go hairing down the road make me so mad. its just totally wrong, same with going too slow, its just damn right dangerous.

go you!

you know it makes me more mad when i read on other forums that they've crashed their car due to speeding, and then they brag about it! its nothing to brag about, and they post up ***** like how fast can you go in your zed etc, its not about that, people like that should be banned because one day, someone will lose their life due to a T**t not sticking to the speed limits, just like how my uncle died through a **** not being careful!

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 01:33 PM   #28
bnthchix

bnthchix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
go you!

you know it makes me more mad when i read on other forums that they've crashed their car due to speeding, and then they brag about it! its nothing to brag about, and they post up ***** like how fast can you go in your zed etc, its not about that, people like that should be banned because one day, someone will lose their life due to a T**t not sticking to the speed limits, just like how my uncle died through a **** not being careful!

you go girl lol

i totally agree with you, makes me mad as well when i hear people bragging how fast they can go ect ect.....and yeah like you said someone will lose their life one day, i reckon if you are caught speeding you should be banned there and then, i reckon that will make people stop and think, my mate was killed cos the driver was going way too fast and jumped a red light. the thing is, how many lifes lost will it take to make people realise???
and again, its dangerous to go too slow.

Last edited by bnthchix; 27-04-08 at 01:36 PM.
bnthchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-08, 03:28 PM   #29
Jem

Quote:
if its ment to be 60 and you are going 50 you will get pulled over by the police and questioned ect ect, .
Dont be silly like i said ive been going 50 since i passed my test and thats how i learnt,he wasn't a crap person to learn with he was and still is a advanced driver.

Ive been driving for a bit 14years and not once has the police pulled me over for doing 50,they had pulled me over for other things but not that,and they never will

50 is a safe speed, below is just stuipd and over 60 is just silly unless its on a motorway

Quote:
you will only go into them if you are too close, not because you are both doing the speed limit, .
Thats not really correct of course there is going to be a big difference of what speed you are going,you dont be have to be close to hit the car infront or even behind you

For those who thinks its ok to do 60 go to a skid patch land have a couple of goes then ask them to put the real life situation obstacles out

Its not all to do with stopping distance

If you still think 60 is ok then go to the police and ask them to show you their training R2 book

Im not saying you shouldn't go 60 all the time,but if you are going 60 and you need to over take then what speed will you be doing???

Quote:

Last edited by Jem; 27-04-08 at 03:40 PM.
Old 27-04-08, 04:15 PM   #30
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Dont rely on gps to tell you your speed lol

So if you are driving 60 and someone infront of you is driving 60 what happens if they brake hard enough to mess up well you will go into them
?

Not if you are driving properly!

Always leave sufficant gap between you and the car in front so that you can stop if you need to.