theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-01-09, 03:53 PM   #1
MikeMant

MikeMant is on a distinguished road
Various questions about the ZS

Hi people i have introduced myself to the club and have had some great help so far on what to look for when i go and buy my first ZS

I have a few questions about the ZS (Hopefully i have got the right section) ...

What are the standard speakers like? Will i get a good sound just using a decent head unit?

Can i fit fog lights to the front bumper if it doesnt already have them? Im not too bothered if they work or not i just think they look better with them in Would the blanking plates need to be cut out?

I hear that parts are hard to get hold of and servicing is expensive? is this true? I would have thought that servicing is the same for any car

I have also heard that fitting either a panel filter or induction kit makes the response alot better What would be the best one to fit?

Are the 17 multi spoke alloys easy to get hold of?

I would like my ZS to have the multi spoke 17s on it along with fogs etc but looking at my price range the models that fall into my price range have the 16 alloys and no fogs So i was thinking that i could get hold of these parts and pop them on?

Sorry for the questions Im just doing my research Thanks in advance people

MikeMant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 04:09 PM   #2
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
Hi people i have introduced myself to the club and have had some great help so far on what to look for when i go and buy my first ZS

I have a few questions about the ZS (Hopefully i have got the right section) ...

What are the standard speakers like? Will i get a good sound just using a decent head unit? the standard speakers are ok and sound good with a decent head unit but alot better with upgraded speakers

Can i fit fog lights to the front bumper if it doesnt already have them? Im not too bothered if they work or not i just think they look better with them in Would the blanking plates need to be cut out? if lights are present they need to work. its the law and a mot failure
I hear that parts are hard to get hold of and servicing is expensive? is this true? I would have thought that servicing is the same for any car no and no

I have also heard that fitting either a panel filter or induction kit makes the response alot better What would be the best one to fit? either a bme or open cone in the wing imho

Are the 17 multi spoke alloys easy to get hold of? yep

I would like my ZS to have the multi spoke 17s on it along with fogs etc but looking at my price range the models that fall into my price range have the 16 alloys and no fogs So i was thinking that i could get hold of these parts and pop them on? you will get a car with every thing you want on it within your budget
Sorry for the questions Im just doing my research Thanks in advance people

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 04:19 PM   #3
MikeMant

Cheers for that mate Didnt realise that about them mot So if i fit them are they easy to wire in and get them working? Will the blanking plates need to be cut out or do they unclip?
Old 26-01-09, 04:26 PM   #4
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
i think the are held in using the 3 fixings that the fog lights use. unsure how they wire in as mine already has foglights so not needed to do it. i think the loom is already there if so i would imaging its a plug and play job. i may be wrong though

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 04:30 PM   #5
MikeMant

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcbadam View Post
i think the are held in using the 3 fixings that the fog lights use. unsure how they wire in as mine already has foglights so not needed to do it. i think the loom is already there if so i would imaging its a plug and play job. i may be wrong though
Cheers mate Hopefully i wont have to hack the bumper to bits to put them in
Old 26-01-09, 05:13 PM   #6
rbull51

rbull51 is on a distinguished road
I have fitted a k&n cone air filter and it sounds fantastic, looks good under the bonnet aswell!!
rbull51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 05:27 PM   #7
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
If your car is a Mk1, I have a complete front fog light fitting kit in stock. These are like rocking horse poo. It is listed in our eBay shop.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 06:52 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Front fogs are not MOT tested, so you can have them for show. I only have one at the front as the other is my cold air feed. Come to think of it, my offside fog is also a water reservoir
Old 26-01-09, 06:54 PM   #9
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I've seen an IS200 fail for having one of the fog lights out.... mainly because the guy spent the next hour in the carpark trying to remove them so he could get it re-tested

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 06:59 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
That's wrong Ross, not saying you mate! But it is not tested, we've had this before when I asked about mine. My zed went through with one fog fitted.