theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-12-12, 10:35 AM   #1
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Suprise MOT pass.

I presented my ZS for MOT on Thursday, it's due on the 3rd of Jan so I had 10 working days to fix any faults.

The car has a decat (still got the cat in the garage), OSF brake sticks under heavy braking, NSF CV is getting noisy under certain loads and steering angles, 3 handles have failed, it has an oil leak, the NSF spring bongs more than it should, front tyres have done lots of miles, not been serviced recently..........

I dropped the car off before they opened, when out driving for work and went passed on my way out, car was in the same place when I came back but I guessed they had tested it as the front wheels were at an angle. I was so nervous when I walked over to hear the damage - only one advisory for the inside edge on one of the front tyres being low!

What's more is the emisions - they are lower than last years!

Reading - 23.12.11 - 20.12.12

Fast Idle
CO - 0.06% - 0.04%
HC - 11PPM - 9PPM
Lambda - 1.00 - 1.00

Natural Idle
CO - 0.07% - 0.00%

As a mate at work said - with that CO reading you couldn't gas yourself!
Old 22-12-12, 10:50 AM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
No matter how, good to get a pass, another years fun.
Old 22-12-12, 11:34 AM   #3
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
My cars emissions were really low at the mot this year as well.it has struggled to pass in previous years but just sailed through it this year and it had a failing coil pack at the time.