theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 07-09-11, 06:10 PM   #151
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Got some SDi's sitting in a box, waiting for the courage to bung them in, or not.

Be interesting to compare with Dans results.
Old 04-11-11, 09:36 AM   #152
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
wow has it really been 2 months..... well i guess work has taken over a bit recently is my excuse... i got quite used the little r25 in this time.... will forget i only have 4500 rpm when i get the car back lol

so the EMP testing came back quite conclusive that on SDI's 2.0bar is about the peak it hits, so realistically we want to limit it to around 2.5 bar for our peace of mind

I have also had the winscreen rust sorted, the bumper, grill, roof and part of the doors re-sprayed i think the wings too... which will tidy up the front end a treat.

Matt is in the last phases of getting the EMP dumping system tested and fabricated and i hope to pick the car up sometime week of the 21st - Matt has been exceptionally busy recently with the end of the motorsport season looming...

looks like all the little bits are finally coming together and the project is getting closer to finishing...

Oh and for those that read MGE - there is a nice article in there this month (Thanks Ads )
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 01:14 PM   #153
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Glad its all coming together.

I'm learning to live with the smoke, but dont know how the MOT boys will look at it.

Have an idea I'll be swapping injectors around!!!

Will have to get into W H Smiths and have a look at the MGE.

Hope we see the monster at one of the meets soon.

Old 03-01-12, 12:24 PM   #154
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well nothing much happened over the last 2-3 months- other than matt had the car sorted the MOT nd had the respray due to the rust round the windscreen....

not sure if it is me - but it seems to creak a bit more now - but probably just summit else to get used to with the car.

Due to it being sat for quite a long time - the battery is getting rather weak - tried topping it up ad adding some epsom salts to it - but looks like new battery in the forseeable is required - is a pity as they are 72amp so not cheap...

the pressure relief is taking a new twist, and we are going down a slightly new route... dont want to say too much yet as it is still theoriectical stage but there is a chance this will work properly and sort it once and for all.... how long have i been saying that now!

hapy 2012 every-one
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 03-01-12, 12:55 PM   #155
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Pride of Longbridge coming up soon, fancy meeting up at Hopwood Services with the monster.

Had to get a new one for mine the other year, Exide something or other, £70 fit it yourself job. Lasted 3 weeks and died, swapped over OK, but doesnt fill you with confidence. Son in law got one about the same time for their Ford Galaxy, £50 off ebay, that one lasted a week??? Give the company their due, sent another one and didnt even want the old one back.

Happy 2012 to you as well. Best of luck with the pressure relief, hope its sorted.
Old 06-04-12, 12:27 PM   #156
p_b82
Site Supporter

can't believe how much time has passed... no more progress on the car - still waiting for an electronic box of tricks to be completed.... and that is going slow too

but as a birthday treat to myself and the car i happened to get my hands on Dave_MGT's wheels... the strights will be refurbed and either sold on or next year bung a set of winter tyres on them....

couple of rubbish pics of them now on the car

The more i see them the more i like them - apart from the exhuast the only other eternal mod i will do!

Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 06-04-12, 12:29 PM   #157
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Would suit going a bit lower methinks ..... suit the car very well though.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 01:13 PM   #158
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
I really like those wheels!
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 08:17 PM   #159
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Looking good see some brembo brakes sitting in there.

peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 02:41 PM   #160
p_b82
Site Supporter

i thought about it peter - but if i did fit some then i would have to get a spacer (and longer studs) for the OE wheels should i wish to use them as winter options...... plus need the money i might have spent on them now

unfortunately - as my car hates me - the clutch went on me on sunday. due to the fact it was a paddle clutch - one min it was fine the next it was dead.... aa membership is quite useful when you have the relay and stay mobile options.... hire car for me a trip to the farm for the car..

needless to say yet another case of not being able to make it to POL
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports