theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 20-05-12, 03:07 PM   #21
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
just a uk turbo 2000, it was very young when i had it and low mileage, brought from subaru garage it was mint.
Handling wasn't bad but even with brand new potenzas it understeered too much and was sprung too softly, the 4wd wouldnt pull you out of a corner like folk imagine, if you got on the power early it just understeered wide. Zs handled better as standard and was better again with a quaife.
I understand the type Ra's , p1's etc are all much better but the uk turbo deffinitely had it short comings.
Me and Kev went to castle combe in our zs back in about 05 or 06 with the scooby forum and ran rings roound 95% of them in the pouring rain, they were mostly newer model bugeyes and uk bugeye sti's and they handled like boats, no doubt a well driven type RA would have trounced us........infact yes, one of the organisers had a type ra ...350 bhp and well modified and that was in another league to all the other scoobs and out of our reach too, although not by the huge margin you would think.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-12, 05:40 AM   #22
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
probably why I'll never sell mine, it was the last of the "Proper" Imprezas before they went all weird.

I drove the new R saloon when it was launched and even though it's supposed to have 320bhp just like mine it was so boring to drive, felt hell of a heavy and didn't even sound the part. Interior was nice, but you don't buy one of these to be comfy and have loads of electronic toys.

I can't remember the last time I had the stereo on in mine lol

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-12, 07:27 AM   #23
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I keep getting asked why I sold my old "blue imprezza"... Strange because I have never owned one or even driven one! lol - I personally prefer the evo...

On querying the people who ask the question I am told "you know the blue one you had for 5 or 6 years?" At which point I say "Do you mean my old MG ZS??" ha ha ha you should see their faces then

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote