theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 06-06-12, 05:46 AM   #21
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-zs180 View Post
very nice toy, glad to see after all this that you managed to get hold of her.
what do you have planned.. forged engine and bigger tubby, injectors, etc maybe?
with the motor tbh not a great deal more, already has forged rods etc. Maybe larger injectors and a better manifold but no more boost or bigger turbo, i feel traction could then become a major issue.

for the rest of the car, oh yes big plan's. If you hav every seen some of the bikes i have built then anal attention to detail has my name all over it lol!

gonna involve carbon, poly-bushes, new suspension arms and loads of new pipe work and titanium :-))))))))

but first i gotta get it moted and a couple of track days in so i can get a feel for her, for sure i think harder springs maybe required.

P.
Old 06-06-12, 07:30 AM   #22
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 05:28 PM   #23
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
uprated rarb would be a good move.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 08:08 PM   #24
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
uprated rarb would be a good move.
You read my mind. Been looking on the ASR web site
At there uprated units which think is the one drew fitted to his but it's not a straight swap.

P.
Old 07-06-12, 02:52 PM   #25
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
First thing I would be doing is sorting out engine mounts and a front splitter.

Also when i drove it, the brakes were an issue.

Yes an awesome car, but it needs finishing to make it the ultimate track weapon, as to be fair, in its current state, its not stable at high speed. I was able to snatch 5th on the back straight at Donny, and the front end became very light above 125mph !

As for the way it starts from cold and hot, thats part and parcel of having aftermarket management. To be honest, its easy to get used to and becomes 2nd nature !

Both Ross and I discussed this car before he parted from it, and we both agreed it was no longer a car that could be used on the road and on track. The mods had taken it beyond that.

I believe trackdays are changing from what they used to be about.

The idea of a trackday, was to take your car and have fun and explore your driving limitations in safety( to a degree).

The problem is now, you have race cars using trackdays as test days as they are cheaper, hire companies hiring out exotic 2 seaters to people who dont have a clue !!

Road going cars that have been stripped out, fitted with roll cages and different suspension and brakes, and most have not been set up correctly which means they probably handle worse than a std car.

I remember when we first started trackdays, that most cars were road legal cars and hadnt been changed too much.

All I will say Sneaky, this ZS you have now needs serious setting up and sorting.

The last 2 keepers since Dave havent looked after it, and have just ragged the crap out of it.

Ross started to address the issues, and then he obviously found something else to replace this with that was more suited to him.

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 08:47 PM   #26
BrummieZS

BrummieZS is on a distinguished road
Really nice motor mate, am I right in thinking it has an Audi/VW 1.8T engine in it?
BrummieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 08:50 AM   #27
sneekyparrot

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummieZS View Post
Really nice motor mate, am I right in thinking it has an Audi/VW 1.8T engine in it?
Yes that's correct 1.8t bam with a few extras lol!
Old 08-06-12, 09:00 AM   #28
sneekyparrot

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovermgparts View Post
First thing I would be doing is sorting out engine mounts and a front splitter.

Also when i drove it, the brakes were an issue.

Yes an awesome car, but it needs finishing to make it the ultimate track weapon, as to be fair, in its current state, its not stable at high speed. I was able to snatch 5th on the back straight at Donny, and the front end became very light above 125mph !

As for the way it starts from cold and hot, thats part and parcel of having aftermarket management. To be honest, its easy to get used to and becomes 2nd nature !

Both Ross and I discussed this car before he parted from it, and we both agreed it was no longer a car that could be used on the road and on track. The mods had taken it beyond that.

I believe trackdays are changing from what they used to be about.

The idea of a trackday, was to take your car and have fun and explore your driving limitations in safety( to a degree).

The problem is now, you have race cars using trackdays as test days as they are cheaper, hire companies hiring out exotic 2 seaters to people who dont have a clue !!

Road going cars that have been stripped out, fitted with roll cages and different suspension and brakes, and most have not been set up correctly which means they probably handle worse than a std car.

I remember when we first started trackdays, that most cars were road legal cars and hadnt been changed too much.

All I will say Sneaky, this ZS you have now needs serious setting up and sorting.

The last 2 keepers since Dave havent looked after it, and have just ragged the crap out of it.

Ross started to address the issues, and then he obviously found something else to replace this with that was more suited to him.

G
Hi George,
The plan is a complete wheel up rebuild and move it on a level or 2 both the chassis and engine but the chassis first!

But interested in our thoughts re: engine mounts etc

I think the pads are shot , Ross did mention he thinks they weren't bedded in properly. They were ok on the drive home but I think they develop bad shakes when pressed on the track.
I will be rebuilding the calipers on the front and replacing the rear setup so that and some new pads / lines / fluid I hope should put things right. Temptation is a pukka setup from Martin but I think the monies can be spent better in other directions at the moment.

Cheers
Paul
Old 08-06-12, 09:59 AM   #29
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Sure it will be the ultimate track car when you get it us you want it, cant wait to see its progress.

Old 08-06-12, 10:22 AM   #30
sneekyparrot

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Sure it will be the ultimate track car when you get it us you want it, cant wait to see its progress.

That's the idea Peter, just want it mot'd so I can drive it to the track and when the sun's out so I can cane the civic boys lol!

P.