theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 28-01-10, 05:35 AM   #31
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchyp View Post
lol, what joint theres like loads down the whole system:P might be better to get a custom one made then yeah can have it however loud/ quiet ya wnt, n stainless wont rust!, water has a habit for sitting in the exhaust so heat and water arent a good mix if yer wanting to avoid rust
Powerflow at RSR in Redhill are good - http://www.rsrtyres.co.uk/
Old 28-01-10, 07:28 AM   #32
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Hi Kara, that has scrubbed up really well! You got yourself a bargin there.

Yep, you need a new exhaust
Old 28-01-10, 09:00 AM   #33
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
The noise you hear is not the front or rear brakes as they have an "acoustic wear indicator" this is a little metal tang that rubs agaisnt the disc causing a noise, IIRC the high pitched squeal is the ECU relay, it stays energised for a period after the ignition is switched off before shutting down, and will do this while the engine is on, if you ask any Mk2 ZR105 owner they do the same, the 180's dont do this!
Think it's mibbe all K 4 pots that did this as my MK1 ZR120 did it too, thought i had tinnitus for a while after getting the car lol
Old 29-01-10, 08:49 PM   #34
Kara

Kara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
lol, what joint theres like loads down the whole system:P might be better to get a custom one made then yeah can have it however loud/ quiet ya wnt, n stainless wont rust!, water has a habit for sitting in the exhaust so heat and water arent a good mix if yer wanting to avoid rust
Lol of course! I'm still in 'F' mode! I wouldn't mind a custom exhaust... I know Longlife are good as they made my mate's exhaust for his F and it sounds awesome! However I am a bit of a Janspeed gal at heart! Although I can't seem to find one for the MK2 120... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Powerflow at RSR in Redhill are good - http://www.rsrtyres.co.uk/
Will check them out! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Hi Kara, that has scrubbed up really well! You got yourself a bargin there.

Yep, you need a new exhaust
Shh don't tell anyone but I haven't actually cleaned her yet! I was going to but then it rained... and then I was going to again today but I realized my microfibre cloth was filfthy!
Old 29-01-10, 09:05 PM   #35
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
the 120 is the same as the 180 from the cat back, but the saloon and hatch are different lenghs , as are the mk1, and mk2 exhausts, so you want a mk2 hatch scorpion do a direct fit one, n janspeed
Old 29-01-10, 09:22 PM   #36
Kara

Kara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
the 120 is the same as the 180 from the cat back, but the saloon and hatch are different lenghs , as are the mk1, and mk2 exhausts, so you want a mk2 hatch scorpion do a direct fit one, n janspeed
Perfect! You're a star!