Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Thats certainly one way to go about it Peter,
But I didnt want to look like a hairdresser
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
At my age I dont give a to**.

Hahaha

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-12, 12:13 PM   #52
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
At my age I dont give a to**.

Quality come back -

TF's are nice but we just dont get a long enough break from the rain up here to enjoy one.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-12, 12:20 PM   #53
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

That was one of my wish list things, hard top.

They do go on very easily and we went to MGB50 at Blenheim in it, didnt leak at all.

Always had MGB's or Midgets and thought we were passed it, with the getting in and out. The doors are so big on the tf, its an easy entry, just wished my head would bend a bit more.

After my derv, completly different drive, revs all the way up and then some. They do shift and go well.

Old 12-10-12, 08:34 PM   #54
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That was one of my wish list things, hard top.

They do go on very easily and we went to MGB50 at Blenheim in it, didnt leak at all.

I like it, although i think it'd be a few years before i could have one, or any 2 seater nowadays.... Shame, I'd love a nice little midget or a BGT

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-12, 08:18 PM   #55
Nats Whiskas

Nats Whiskas is on a distinguished road
Aye. I can recommend this conversion too! My cars on the driveway more than the road. However when it is drive able it's amazing!! People dont really expect a old 45 to be able to shift like it does ;-)

Ive got a few small niggles to sort but ocne theyre sorted, theres a full janspeed system to fit and a remap in order so should be inetresting!

Last edited by Nats Whiskas; 13-10-12 at 08:25 PM.
Nats Whiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-12, 09:29 AM   #56
fatdave

fatdave is on a distinguished road
the engine rover should have fitted from the factory imo. probably would have made the kv6 a bit pointless if they did have a 160 in the zs line up though. they have the grunt of the t series it has to be my favourite engine.
fatdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 04:51 PM   #57
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Little update After a trip to ZRed (Goldie)
Now running with a MK2 ECU so all switches working as they should & Best part is ECU is Remapped by Z&F & got Sorted with Magnacor leads & a couple of tidy decals I will need to fit after car getting a right good spring clean.
Old 25-02-13, 05:25 PM   #58
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Good stuff, be back up to scratch soon enough
Old 25-02-13, 05:49 PM   #59
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
When you say Mk2 ECU do you mean the BCU or the engine control ECU?
Old 25-02-13, 06:09 PM   #60
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
When you say Mk2 ECU do you mean the BCU or the engine control ECU?
James it was running with the ECU & BCU that came with the ZR160 MK1 engine.
Ran no problem but thing's like front fogs,Hazards & Boot release on the Fob didnt work as they should, Hazard switch I adapted to pass MOT.
Was just waiting on getting MK2 ECU/BCU to have all functions running as they should (Auto lock I could do without) and as an added bonus a Z&F tweaked setup was sourced by Goldie, with Both fobs,certificate from Z&F and rolling road printout from the car it came from.
Another bonus is I can now look at getting electric windows all round with the new BCU.. That's my next mod.