theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 18-05-11, 02:32 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Gina's Scirocco for sale

Volkswagon Scirocco GTX mk2 1600 carb, 1988 on an 'F' plate.

Selling this on behalf of my daughter Gina who has lost interest in it.

Carb fed 1600 engine, 5 speed gearbox. Black paintwork with nice black and grey interior. MOT December 2011 and short tax. Has been serviced with the usual oil, filter and new brake fluid. Has the usual arch and bodykit parts fitted as standard. Has had alot of money spent before the last MOT with the following done:
  • Rear wheel bearings.
  • Rear brake shoes.
  • Rear wheel cylinders.
  • Both handbrake cables.
  • Master brake cylinder.
  • Front struts replaced.
Mileage/Condition:

Mileage is 142,500 ish
Some scratches on the bonnet and drivers door needs some work as does the passenger one, or a replacement due to rust near the door handle. Not bad for a near on 25 year old car. Needs a front brake caliper as the seal as just gone. Pierburg carb also not happy when cold, typical VW problem, needs a choke conversion of better still a Weber.

Car is currently at home stuck up my drive!

I'll update the details when my daughter has given me the info she promised! I'll also get some pictures once it has been cleaned! It is taking space up on my drive and I need it back. It will need to be trailered due to the front brakes being shot and I'm fed up working on it.

She's looking for ?500 or swap for a ZR that needs work

It's now on ebay listing here

Thanks,

Mick

Last edited by stamford; 20-05-11 at 09:19 PM.
stamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 03:09 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Best of luck with the sale Mick, whats taken Gina's interest now???

Think the ZR idea will give you more work!!

Old 18-05-11, 03:20 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Best of luck with the sale Mick, whats taken Gina's interest now???

Think the ZR idea will give you more work!!

Gina's interest...................boys!

ZR is something she is thinking of and I'm not storing it!
Old 18-05-11, 03:32 PM   #4
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
What is it like on the fuel? Is it addicted like a 180 or is it an occasional sipper like a TDi?

Also how did she find insurance on it? expensive?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 05:46 PM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Friend of mine, suggests that you might get a better response on the rocco forum...
www.sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk

he thinks it could well be used as a parts donor and apparently to be a GTX it needed to be a 1.8 injection.... so he thinks it is a GT
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-11, 06:47 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
What is it like on the fuel? Is it addicted like a 180 or is it an occasional sipper like a TDi?

Also how did she find insurance on it? expensive?
Would guess it is miserly on fuel as Gina never complained as she drove a 1.4i Xsara prior to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Friend of mine, suggests that you might get a better response on the rocco forum...
www.sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk

he thinks it could well be used as a parts donor and apparently to be a GTX it needed to be a 1.8 injection.... so he thinks it is a GT
Will need to check the bootlid again! Gina still hasn't given me the V5 details yet so only going by what she told me. Her previous one was a GTi, but rusty as hell. Too good for a donor, she bought it for spares but turned out to be better than her old one!
Old 18-05-11, 10:41 PM   #7
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
1.6 carb is a GT, great engine, carbs can be found on golfs and pasats of the same age..... in fact most od the partfrom mk1+2 golfs will do in one way or another.

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 07:32 AM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

Still no V5, will need to go pay her a visit! The bootlid has a GTX badge so guess that's been added.