theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 23-07-13, 06:01 PM   #1
Mathew_ZS

Mathew_ZS is on a distinguished road
Decided to keep it..

Afternoon all, after getting excited over a few other cars this past week or so i have thought my decision through thoroughly and i will NOT be selling my T16 ZS, i just don't feel that theres anything that can match its looks, handling and power capabilities for the money i would like to spend.

Im such a indecisive person but this decision is a definite.

Im going to sort out some nice engine upgrades over the upcoming months and also i'd like to upgrade all the bushes to powerflex ones and maybe get some lowering springs fitted to drop the old girl down a bit.

Heres a list of a few things i have done to it recently

- Fitted a torsen type b lsd gearbox
- Fitted my extreme spoiler
- Fitted some pressed numberplates
- Gave the engine bay a little clean

heres a few things that may be happening over the next few weeks

- T28 Turbo
- Freeflow downpipe
- Lowering springs/coilovers?
- Refurb wheels in gunmetal grey/sparkle silver?
- Gas bonnet struts
- FMIC

Any suggestions on what i could do or just any tips to keep me on a decent track will be much appreciated

heres a few pictures to make the post a little more interesting

Mathew_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-13, 07:15 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Wise decision, you'd have regretted it in a few weeks.
Old 23-07-13, 09:59 PM   #3
reaper0709

reaper0709 has a spectacular aura aboutreaper0709 has a spectacular aura about
Good call buddy. I've only owned my zs since Feb and will never sell. I shall keep her going for as long as possible. Still smiling today
reaper0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-13, 11:55 PM   #4
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
You have made the right choice to keep it you would have regreted it if you had sold
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-13, 10:50 AM   #5
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew_ZS View Post
heres a few things that may be happening over the next few weeks

- T28 Turbo
- Freeflow downpipe
- Lowering springs/coilovers?
- Refurb wheels in gunmetal grey/sparkle silver?
- Gas bonnet struts
- FMIC

Any suggestions on what i could do or just any tips to keep me on a decent track will be much appreciated
That looks like a really nice one from the outside and under the bonnet.
As others have already said, I think you'd have missed it.

Releasing ponies with a T28, better downpipe and making it all more responsive with a FMIC sounds like a good way to go - as long as it doesn't compromise reliability or leave you stuck without it while waiting for parts to get it back on the road.
I wouldn't muck about with the handling or wheels - it looks great already and you're unlikely to improve it.
Does it already have 180 brakes all round?
After that it comes down to comfort, options and preferences. What does it look like inside? Alcantara? Black Oak inserts? Have you got/could you do ATC, heated seats, all round electric windows or anything else off the options list?
What about parking sensors?

Just a few (hopefully constructive) ideas to make the driving experience more pleasurable by putting more toys in there that you might find on anything you could have upgraded to.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-13, 07:26 PM   #6
Mathew_ZS

Mathew_ZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
That looks like a really nice one from the outside and under the bonnet.
As others have already said, I think you'd have missed it.

Releasing ponies with a T28, better downpipe and making it all more responsive with a FMIC sounds like a good way to go - as long as it doesn't compromise reliability or leave you stuck without it while waiting for parts to get it back on the road.
I wouldn't muck about with the handling or wheels - it looks great already and you're unlikely to improve it.
Does it already have 180 brakes all round?
After that it comes down to comfort, options and preferences. What does it look like inside? Alcantara? Black Oak inserts? Have you got/could you do ATC, heated seats, all round electric windows or anything else off the options list?
What about parking sensors?

Just a few (hopefully constructive) ideas to make the driving experience more pleasurable by putting more toys in there that you might find on anything you could have upgraded to.

Ideally i would source the t28,downpipe and fmic and have it all on in 1 day!, so shouldn't be off the road too long, yeah i may just leave suspension as it has new 180 shocks and springs anyway.

Yeah it has 180 brakes all round mate with green stuff pads and ebc turbo drilled and grooved discs.

It has the alcantara interior, black oak, chrome rings and ATC. just missing the heated seats as it stands.

It had a rear bumper with parking sensors but its been removed as it wasn't the best condition, hoping to get it all sprayed up and put back on shortly
Mathew_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote