theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 27-08-15, 09:08 AM   #41
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
So as i wait to find time to put the interior back in, or more likely strip it all, clean it then refit it, i decided to put her indoors for a week or so.....

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-16, 09:46 PM   #42
theboynoz

Been a while......

Car is back outside, mainly because I need to use it and I broke the garage door, so once it was opened all the necessary items came out!

Since........August?! I have nearly sold her, decided to keep her, replaced windscreen, re-furbished the alloys (still require tyres and fitting), bought a lot of bits and bobs and fixed the suddenly broken climate control (thanks to Matt Dickins for parts!)! Now to find the coolant leak as all usual areas (K-series too, not the KV6) have been checked and getting the MOT tomorrow!

Replaced almost anything I could imagine going wrong and anything I was even slightly unsure of I took it to a garage to fix (Brakes were bled lol). Even had my mates stainless chav exhaust welded on for MOT!

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!

Last edited by theboynoz; 24-04-16 at 10:07 PM.
Old 24-04-16, 10:04 PM   #43
theboynoz

Looks different now, so does the old black bike as I started my own business....... Now I have a Repsol Orange bike, built by myself! And a slightly dented MG.....

Drives:

Old 24-04-16, 10:08 PM   #44
theboynoz

Drives:

Last edited by theboynoz; 24-04-16 at 10:12 PM.
Old 24-04-16, 10:20 PM   #45
theboynoz

Suppose I should update the list;

So for the list of work, a brief drive home meant some issues surfaced, they are;

Throttle cable, lots of play (2 second job tomorrow lunch time) - Fixed, no issue at all, 2 seconds!
Wind noise at motorway speeds - Nearside front door (Check rubbers, fix/replace as needed) - Believed to be clogged rain channels, will clean, leaked into passenger footwell
Tyres perishing (Replace as required, but good tread for now on most) - Sorted
Alternator Whine (Possibly bearings, maybe something else needs further investigation) – Second hand unit fitted, noise gone!
Ruddy good clean (Including white vinegar to draw out smell of fags) – Done, not great but better than it was
Wheels! (Defo needing a refurb, maybe subtle colour change too) - Sorted, just need refitting
MOT (Runs out in 3 weeks! Advisories already fixed!) - Booked in tomorrow 08 MAY 2015, checked car over and fixed blown bulbs and so long has passed it is due again, booked in tomorrow 25th April to be sure!
Dent on bonnet/Boot (May fix/replace, will se on how annoying it is and spare cash) – Not bothered with, except for when I tried to fix myself and made it worse, I have a few options though.......
Totally standard! (Does it want anything or just site stickers ) - Site stickers Done, that’s enough for now
Handbrake (Pulls too high, will see if MOT passes it first) – Replaced rear callipers and adjusted fine
Service (Due one, FSH though!) - Sorted, about due another!

Drives:

Old 21-05-16, 09:27 PM   #46
theboynoz

About time for my latest update;

Well, slow going for me, as she never goes anywhere, rarely do I find the need for her except for football on Tuesdays......*sigh* but she has 13 months MOT, and a list of parts sat in the garage ready to fit, some required, some I just wanted, but she is also sat on the right alloys again!

Needs scratch repairs if I am picky and the bonnet and boot need to have dents removed, but she is still a cracker in my eyes!

Next up, for sure, tomorrow I shall address the lower arms and possible wheel bearing grinding, whilst that is being done I will replace the brakes with the Brembo discs and pads sat in the garage! Then I think it is time I started thinking about a full clay bar'ing and polish her up!

Drives:

Old 21-05-16, 09:45 PM   #47
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Looks stunning
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-16, 09:49 PM   #48
theboynoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Looks stunning
Thanks!

What you can't see is the deep scratch in the passenger front door, dents too, bonnet you can just about make out the dent but the boot also has a dent, and the previous owner told me he thought it was done with a spanner (may have said by a spanner).

But apart from that and the lacquer peeling off, lol, it's not too bad.....

Drives:

Old 21-05-16, 10:23 PM   #49
jc600

jc600 is on a distinguished road
Looks sweet, do love a mk2 xpower grey hatch.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
jc600 is offline   Reply With Quote