theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 28-08-18, 03:00 PM   #191
Street Elite

Street Elite is on a distinguished road
That's what graphs look like with an air filter.
Dyno is only a reference some read high some low.

Drew
Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 01:51 PM   #192
jc600

jc600 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Either a poor RR or your vis motors aren't working mate.
Vis motors are definately working, can feel the change at 3k & 4.5K......think my mate has a vis tester. So i'll double check.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
jc600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-18, 01:54 PM   #193
jc600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Elite View Post
That's what graphs look like with an air filter.
Dyno is only a reference some read high some low.

Drew
To be honest I think it may well be the rolling road. My old 180 ran higher bhp on different a different rolling road. With a panel filter and exhaust. But this one feels faster on the road. And VIS motors definately kick in.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
Old 30-08-18, 07:26 AM   #194
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc600 View Post
To be honest I think it may well be the rolling road. My old 180 ran higher bhp on different a different rolling road. With a panel filter and exhaust. But this one feels faster on the road. And VIS motors definately kick in.
Was there any other 180s there for the RR if it was some sort of RR special day?

I went down to Portsmouth area a while back in a mk1 180 that I thought was all good. Mine made about 160. Another guy there made 190 with some breathing mods. Whatever the figures, as they had both been tested on the same machine, it was clear that his was more powerful so I checked my motors and the balance was not working properly - stuck open I think.... Replaced it and the car felt soooo much better. Anyway - if you're happy with it, fine, but I think that with a figure like that, and such a flat line, something is wrong and you could be looking at an even better car with some investigation into the motors.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 08:00 AM   #195
Street Elite

It's flat because of the scale, it's landscape.
I'll find a few of mine later.

Drew
Old 30-08-18, 08:43 AM   #196
jc600

Quote:
Was there any other 180s there for the RR if it was some sort of RR special day?

I went down to Portsmouth area a while back in a mk1 180 that I thought was all good. Mine made about 160. Another guy there made 190 with some breathing mods. Whatever the figures, as they had both been tested on the same machine, it was clear that his was more powerful so I checked my motors and the balance was not working properly - stuck open I think.... Replaced it and the car felt soooo much better. Anyway - if you're happy with it, fine, but I think that with a figure like that, and such a flat line, something is wrong and you could be looking at an even better car with some investigation into the motors.
No other ZS 180's there, but other cars were running lower than they had run on other dyno's.
Went for a blast last night. Hard to get the power down, as there was always another car on the road. But there is a very noticeable kick at 3k rpm......but at 4.5k it does kick in but not as noticeable as 3k......it still feels quicker at lower end than my old ZS 180.........if the VIS at 4.5k wasn't kicking in properly then that explain low bhp.
Which one is that though? Don't want to order the wrong one lol
Theres no codes either, when I plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Elite View Post
It's flat because of the scale, it's landscape.
I'll find a few of mine later.

Drew
Ok, thanks Drew. Got to say most RR print outs i've had, have had a lot more detail on them.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
Old 30-08-18, 09:02 AM   #197
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I don't honestly think that "feel" will tell you if they are working or not. I think there is a natural power band in any car apart from very small naturally aspirated engines so you should feel a surge in power regardless and especially if you're trying to feel it - if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't go straight to ordering one/both though on my say so ... you need to get hold of a tester. We used to have one on the site that just got posted around. If you're happy with it as is - don't panic about it and wait to test them. I don't think there would be a fault code for it as it's not gonna impact on if the car drives or not. It won't hurt it if they are not working, indeed a guy at the RR I mentioned who owned the garage had removed the vis motors entirely but had modified the inlet maniforld so that the power/balance bits were open constantly I think and got 170ish IIRC - Stamford and Pete were there too ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-18, 09:18 AM   #198
jc600

Quote:
I don't honestly think that "feel" will tell you if they are working or not. I think there is a natural power band in any car apart from very small naturally aspirated engines so you should feel a surge in power regardless and especially if you're trying to feel it - if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't go straight to ordering one/both though on my say so ... you need to get hold of a tester. We used to have one on the site that just got posted around. If you're happy with it as is - don't panic about it and wait to test them. I don't think there would be a fault code for it as it's not gonna impact on if the car drives or not. It won't hurt it if they are not working, indeed a guy at the RR I mentioned who owned the garage had removed the vis motors entirely but had modified the inlet maniforld so that the power/balance bits were open constantly I think and got 170ish IIRC - Stamford and Pete were there too ....
Yeah, I would rather test them first.......i'm sure my mate has a tester. I'll have to ask him.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
Old 30-08-18, 09:29 AM   #199
Street Elite

Mine from std. Most mods went back to the same roller for a test to see what they did.

Drew
Old 30-08-18, 09:59 AM   #200
jc600

Looking at your base dyno chart, your WHP is about the same as mine. So that leads me to believe that the dyno I went on was out.......also no afr readings on mine. Which doesn't help. Think I need to go to a more accurate dyno before looking into anything else........Mine has a ITG maxogen and cat back. So should be slightly over stock. Also my crossover point is 5500rpm, where yours is 5250rpm.
Like I said, it doesn't feel like its lost power.
Thanks for the graphs Drew..................supercharger would be nice lol

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180