theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 01-11-11, 05:54 PM   #1
Mikeyb85

Mikeyb85 is on a distinguished road
2.0TD L-Series.....

I picked up this Rover 45 last week and its about to have a few bits and pieces done to it!

Mainly a little bit of engine tuning, suspension, brakes, trim, paint, body, wheels...

I shall try to upload all the bits and pieces as I go and have a mini blog/diary!

Hope you like my mods to this car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95458456.jpg (51.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 95458332.jpg (48.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 95458614.jpg (47.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 95478073 (1).jpg (43.7 KB, 28 views)
Mikeyb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 06:14 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Do go well with a few tweaks, clean looking car to work from.

Old 01-11-11, 06:17 PM   #3
Mikeyb85

Photos online are very deceiving! Its a bit of a dog!
Old 01-11-11, 06:18 PM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Sure it well end up looking good.
Old 01-11-11, 06:49 PM   #5
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
You've got a lot of potential there. I like the wheels.
Here's a nice little list for you if you can find the parts:
Fit rear headrests, parking sensors, rear electric windows, seat heaters, headlamp washers, front vented discs, rear solid discs, knock the guts out of the cat, fit a de-restrictive back-box, a K&N panel filter, SDi injectors, a MAP monitor wire, adjust the boost to 19psi...
That should about do it for starters, give you extra comfort and make it a bit of a street-sleeper that will catch a few people unawares!

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 06:59 PM   #6
Mikeyb85

I have SDI injectors and digimafam sitting at home as car was really poor running below 2500rpm

I have started collecting parts for the rear electric windows, switches, door handles and wiring is sorted! (just got to get motors and mechanisms)

Looking at getting interior from ZS and removing the walnut effect with some tasteful carbon wrapping, and may do the mirrors also.

ZS180 brakes are planned all round!

Exhaust will get a wee visit to stainless creations for them to sort that out :-)
Old 01-11-11, 07:20 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Couple of decent diesels on the forum mate so plenty of know-how. Looks like a decent little car mate and if a bit rough on the outside an even better sleeper if you ask me.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 11:30 PM   #8
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Another derv!
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 07:50 AM   #9
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb85 View Post
I have SDI injectors and digimafam sitting at home as car was really poor running below 2500rpm

I have started collecting parts for the rear electric windows, switches, door handles and wiring is sorted! (just got to get motors and mechanisms)

Looking at getting interior from ZS and removing the walnut effect with some tasteful carbon wrapping, and may do the mirrors also.

ZS180 brakes are planned all round!

Exhaust will get a wee visit to stainless creations for them to sort that out :-)
All of that sounds great! When you go to get your exhaust done, if I were you I would only get either the back-box, or at most back-box and mid section changed.
Apparently the next upcoming changes to MoT regulations will call for a visual check (to see if the cat that should be there still is). However there will be no change to the emissions test so there doesn't actually have to be anything IN the cat!!!
Take the opportunity to bash the innards out and allow your gases to flow more freely - it makes a helluva difference on TD's.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 06:51 PM   #10
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Next years MOT guidelines were posted up last week by Stamford, unfortunatly section 7.1.3 clearly states that there will will be a visual inspection.

The thread is at http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=18852