theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 20-09-12, 04:13 PM   #1
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
My zs 160 vvc

finally it’s time for me to reveal what engine conversion I went with
Firstly well done to those who guessed correctly- 1st place is Dan, well done mate
Also Walker,Lawrence & Fred who all suggested the 160VVC.
My car is now running a 160 VVC & the conversion is a nice tidy job.

Massive to Goldie who had this job to do during moving to new unit and had a busted back, appreciate all the updates and teaching me about what’s required with the conversion.

Car runs really well & reckon I will be running it for a good while now as I was starting to lose interest in it and very nearly trading it in & leaving the scene, so a few goodies have been ordered and a little tlc will be given to it, couple of silly little Gremlins to iron out, MOT was passed today with no problems, car pulls really well & rip from exhaust when putting the foot down is very addictive
Anyone looking to do a conversion then I fully recommend to contact Goldie.

Last edited by BUCKYDEVIL; 20-09-12 at 04:19 PM.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-12, 04:48 PM   #2
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Excellent sturff Marcus, was actually hunting for this thread a few days ago when your old engine went up for sale haha. Bet yer like a kid in a sweetie shop the noo wi it haha
Old 20-09-12, 04:54 PM   #3
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Nice one, I am tempted by something similar!
How does it compare to the 110?
Old 20-09-12, 04:56 PM   #4
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
No so much a sweetie shop Gary, seen lot's of Esso shops lately.
Fed up of rainy nights as want to get out & enjoy a drive,
Old 20-09-12, 05:01 PM   #5
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
Nice one, I am tempted by something similar!
How does it compare to the 110?
Compared to my 110 when it was standard is unbelievable,
And it just pulls so much more torque than my 110 modded engine,
Really feels like a different car now.
Old 20-09-12, 05:05 PM   #6
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Be interesting to have some sort of back to back with one of the 180's down there, see what folk felt, as lighter engine should mean it handles with the same sharpness as when it was a 110 compared to the heavier kv6 but with closer matched power output could make it very interesting
Old 20-09-12, 05:12 PM   #7
BUCKYDEVIL

I will be doing at least 1 Knockhill night with it Gary but prob not till Next yrar.when Smokey has the track car running also, Hopefully have a few other engine mods on it by then also.
Reckon with twists on Knockhill it could be very close with a 180,
not so sure about the long straight though..
My Xpower spring & 180 brake setup compliment the 160 engine,
loads of fun at roundabouts, just darts in & fires out ( bit like me with my Mrs)
Old 20-09-12, 05:24 PM   #8
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Ah, now i see...I thought it was that your favourite film was gone in 60 seconds but understand properly now
Old 20-09-12, 05:29 PM   #9
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I can confirm this is a worthy conversion it pulls like a bloody train nice one on the mot mate and well done Goldie,the vvc is a n excellent conversion and having seen it done I would consider a downgrade if the kv6 gave up on me.
Old 20-09-12, 07:12 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Sounds like a good job, keep us updated on how you got on with it as this could be a good benchmark. If it is not a problem from Goldie it would be good to have a write up on what was done so others can assess whether to do the same.