theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 04-01-13, 03:46 PM   #1
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
There once was a (not so) ugly duckling ....

....that was actually quite sad and craved looking after .... It was listed on the bay of E for anyone just to dip in and abuse her further and run her into the ground ....

But a sharp eyed young man - - saw her and knew that lurking underneath was beauty just waiting to be seen. He asked his knowledgeable friend to check her out and he concurred that there was a decent heart beating under a quite tired exterior.

A train ride and £500 later she met her new owner and the relationship began .....

On the trip home it was clear that there were some issues - it was a little rough running and wouldn't start from hot. Seemed a bit breathless too.

On arrival after a wash chez moi .....

Now I'd be lieing through my teeth if I didn't mention that I've spent a few quid ....

Alcantara interior - alloys - renault splitter - front bumper - fogs - vis motors - headlights - cam sensor - rear strut brace - 45 steering wheel - badges - focal rear speaker upgrade - and a full service which cured the rough running mainly due to replacing the fuel and air filters - comes to mind ...... And some nice new plates....

But - Not quite the most stunning ZS out there - but I must admit - I've fallen for her ....

Behold - The RedShed is dead - Long live "Red"

Last edited by Dan1971; 04-01-13 at 03:56 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 03:56 PM   #2
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Looking very good indeed Dan, I do love the solar red hatchs. Certainly worthy of dropping the "shed" title now
Old 04-01-13, 04:35 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Cheers Craig ....
Old 04-01-13, 04:48 PM   #4
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Looking really good Dan, you seem to have a good eye for putting nice little touches to make it stand out.
Liking the red rims, black mirrors & Opie decals.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 04:48 PM   #5
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Ive only just noticed the black mirrors after looking again. Really liking that, nice touch. Its amazing how much the fronts changed now with the bumper & lights, much fresher look.
Old 04-01-13, 04:58 PM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Looking really good Dan, you seem to have a good eye for putting nice little touches to make it stand out.
Liking the red rims, black mirrors & Opie decals.
Cheers ... There are site ones by the back wheels, but they are a bit small, and another one over the exhaust at the back ...
Old 04-01-13, 05:26 PM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Welcome Red.

Certainly a vast improvement on The Shed.

Great work and just shows there are still great bargains out there.

Old 04-01-13, 05:35 PM   #8
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

nice looking car m8, what was up with the motor?

P.
Old 04-01-13, 05:36 PM   #9
thered180

thered180 is on a distinguished road
She looks brilliant. Inspiring, as i too have a solar red ZS. Great job
thered180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 05:49 PM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Cheers for the comments guys ....

When you say what was up with the motor - I'm guessing you're on about me mentioning it running rough on the return trip and not starting when hot.

The rough running - I think - was down to a very clogged up and manky air filter and a 10 yr old fuel filter. Sure the new bits from the service - full oil and spark plug change helped too .... Also changed both vis motors.

The starting when hot issue was resolved with a new crank sensor.

Now running really well and looking forward to the RR in February.