AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 12-02-13, 10:23 PM   #1
Rikki55

Rikki55 is on a distinguished road
Riks MG ZS

Some call it natural progression...

After owning an MG ZR from May last year until about 2 weeks ago, although it was a great car which I spent a lot of time and money on, but never really bonded with it, and deep down I had always wanted an MG ZS, so I decided to finally get one!

Picked it up not too far from me and at a good price, with some service history and in a very good condition!

Here's some pics which I'll let do the talking..

Nice arse.. :P

Anyway details.. I initially wanted a 180 - well who wouldn't?! But as I'm only a youngun (21!) I decided the insurance would be a tad much plus I tend to drive a fair bit here and there plays 40 miles a day for my work commute, so decided a 120 1.8 would be the better option as it offers spirited performance along with cheap ish running costs!

But yeah this one came with front fogs, air con, sunroof, eleccy windows, eleccy mirrors, Blue Monaco? Leather insert seats, and is just an overall nice spec car

Few bits need doing here and there, the mileage is at 126k now and I have already done 1000 miles within 2 weeks of ownership! ( I drove to Cornwall and back last week - 880 miles in one week! ) and I'm very suprised on how comfy, brisk and actually how good on fuel the 120 is! Managed to get nearly 350 miles to a rank on my run down to the west country considering I had my missus and a boot full of stuff that's not bad going!

I absolutely love the handling too! Only on cheap budget tires but damn she holds on nicely in the bends!

Few little niggles here and there, main one being a non illuminating STS light, dodgy parcel shelf and lacking the front bib spoiler and skirts from a 180..

These are yet to come..

Thanks for looking, Rik
Rikki55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-13, 07:03 AM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Tis a nicely specc'd zed there, good choice for commuting. You should see more than 350 miles to a tank once settled down. I can get 350 to a tank if driven sensibly from my mapped 180
Old 13-02-13, 08:17 AM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Nice - as above though, unless you're driving progressively ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-13, 09:07 AM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hi Rik, agree with you, are great cars to drive, your one looks good, hi spec as a bonus.

Glad you enjoyed the step up from the ZR.

Old 13-02-13, 09:42 AM   #5
Rikki55

Thanks for the replies! firstly I must apologise for the spelling mistakes, was pretty tired when writing it so will edit later lol.

Yeah its a good step up from the ZR
Old 13-02-13, 11:51 AM   #6
Tomoose

Tomoose is on a distinguished road
Nice looking car! I picked up my silver ZS 120+ on Friday, I can't believe how much fun these cars are, and for the money they are unbeatable!

Enjoy it mate.
Tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-13, 08:19 AM   #7
Rikki55

Well shes looking a lot different now..! Finally Got my ZS 180 splitter on and gave her a good clean and de salting! Looks much better!

Really happy with how well the splitter turned out, considering it was just a rattle can job!

Few other pics all clean and shiney!

Please excuse the phone quality pics! Will dig out the proper camera for some better shots soon!

What you think? Rik
Old 31-03-13, 10:37 AM   #8
shcKr-

shcKr- is on a distinguished road
Looks like a nice car there, good job with the front bib!
Old 31-03-13, 11:42 AM   #9
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

good car got even better, wish I had such a great car when I was your age!!!

Old 31-03-13, 12:06 PM   #10
Rikki55

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcKr- View Post
Looks like a nice car there, good job with the front bib!
Thanks a lot, yep just spent a lot of time with the painting process and the end result was really good! Patience and preperation the key with painting