theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 23-04-13, 09:01 PM   #21
Tomoose

Tomoose is on a distinguished road
Lovely car indeed, nice to see you properly cherishing it!

Definitely get a leather steering wheel, I paid £20 for mine and it transforms the car imho.

ZS120+ and ZS180. Love them both!
Tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-13, 09:27 PM   #22
Rikki55

Rikki55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoose View Post
Lovely car indeed, nice to see you properly cherishing it!

Definitely get a leather steering wheel, I paid £20 for mine and it transforms the car imho.
Thanks,yeah she definately is being cherished! Even though she's throwing up a few small problems at the moment! Lol! She will all be sorted in time though!

Ooh you got any pics of the steering wheel too?

I'm still not sure which one to get...

Is the MG ZS 180 one just a perforated leather one?

Whilst the R45 conny one is leather but has the upper thumb rests?

Lol. Not sure which one I prefer... Both are quite nice and a lot better than the standard plastic one!
Rikki55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 09:54 PM   #23
Rikki55

First real update in a while on here!

So what's been happening with my ZS of recent?

Managed to find a ZS180 leather steering wheel! Fits and feels really nice, pleasure to use!

My HG is still weeping after its change - have however got a Victor Reinz MLS and fitting kit ready and waiting to go on with new cambelt - just waiting for a good weekend where I'll pluck up some courage to give it a shot!

My clutch Slave cylinder exploded spectacularly a few weeks back!! Turns out my clutch arm had seized a tad! Have however now worked this loose with plenty of lube and a nice new clutch cylinder!

I have also acquired a Saloon Extreme Spoiler which I will look forward to trying to fit to the hatch too...

I also managed to dewiper the tailgate this afternoon, looks that bit nicer IMO

Anyway here's some picture whoring! Comments and Criticisms welcome

Few close up, Arty shots

Rover lights...

Needs a new knob after 133500k..

Noisy chav pipe..

Clean bay and Bwarp filter!

Hope you like the short update still got a few more little plans for her over the next few weeks and will update as I go! Thanks for looking, please comment

Few more plans -

Uprated front brakes - Brembo Smax Grooved and EBC pads,
Saloon rear wing possibly,
Wrap the roof black?

Possibly buy some very 90s 5 spoke alloys and paint them white!

Time shall tell!
Old 15-07-13, 10:05 PM   #24
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
liking this mate,your doing well,most would have thrown in the towel by now,get a set of 45 lights on the front end,will look the biz,i think you need to modify the saloon bumper to fit the hatchback,also white wheels look great on blue cars,but a nightmare to keep clean,keep us updated,your doing well with it
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-13, 10:12 PM   #25
Rikki55

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
liking this mate,your doing well,most would have thrown in the towel by now,get a set of 45 lights on the front end,will look the biz,i think you need to modify the saloon bumper to fit the hatchback,also white wheels look great on blue cars,but a nightmare to keep clean,keep us updated,your doing well with it
Thankyou very much

Hmm a lot of people have said R45 lights but to be fair I like the orange indicators - its the way MG intended it to be to differentiate from the Rovers, but I'll maybe consider it

And yeah I've read I'll need to modify the Saloon Spoiler a bit to make it fit, it's about 2 inches narrower than the Hatch batwing, but looking at some conversions onto hatches, a lot of people mount it about an inch inboard on the bootlid, with. Bit of fretting here and there! If I decide it's too much I'll sell it on and get my money back for the spoiler

Ahh it'll get there! Just needs HG changing really and it'll be almost 100%, bar the front brakes needing doing and the aircon not working! Haha!
Old 15-07-13, 10:21 PM   #26
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
everybody to there own mate,if everybody liked the same thing we would all be bored,good luck with the spoiler hope to see it mounted,with cars they all take time and money,but worth it in the end
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 06:21 AM   #27
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Talk me through the de-wipering. Looks good.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 08:37 AM   #28
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Car is looking good, well worth all your efforts.

Old 16-07-13, 09:20 AM   #29
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Talk me through the de-wipering. Looks good.
Undo the nut holding the wiper motor to the arm, then from inside undo the bolts holding the motor to tailgate.........You left with a small hole in body. Fill it in with a bung, or go the hole hog and fill and sand and paint so its invisible...

Very common on the older Fiestas........They never look in mirrors so the water all over the screen dont matter lol...
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-13, 11:04 AM   #30
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Very nice looking from the outside, and tasteful inside too. Love those seats!
You're so lucky to have the factory fitted sunroof.
I wouldn't bother with the Brembo brake mod - just get a set of 180 brakes all round and you'll be fine.
You might consider filling a few of those blanking plates in your interior: a stomp about in your local scrappy is likely to show up an R45 with all-round electric windows. Easy (and potentially cheap) mod but worth it's weight in gold - especially in THIS weather!
Oh and for Winter, heated seat elements, relays and switchgear are just as good.
Parking sensors are quite easily done too, and again plentiful from scrappies.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)

Last edited by Enright; 16-07-13 at 11:06 AM.
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote