theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-02-16, 01:13 PM   #11
wu11ie

wu11ie is on a distinguished road
Finally got a chance to look at this.

Tried the bonnet open and pressing the switch, let go and not a peep, lights started flashing but no noise.

Next I checked the sounder to which I found it wasn't plugged into anything and I can't see a plug for it anywhere!??

So I would assume it's the BCM as mentioned above, BUT what is a BCM and where is it? Lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
wu11ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 02:29 PM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu11ie View Post
Finally got a chance to look at this.

Tried the bonnet open and pressing the switch, let go and not a peep, lights started flashing but no noise.

Next I checked the sounder to which I found it wasn't plugged into anything and I can't see a plug for it anywhere!??

So I would assume it's the BCM as mentioned above, BUT what is a BCM and where is it? Lol
The wires on my sounder come out the bottom of the unit (you have to remove the header tank to get to the sounder) so its possible if its been disconnected the plug has been taped up or fallen down out of sight. I would check it out to make sure its not damaged and shorting etc first...

As for the BCM, if that is at fault I believe technozen (is that spelt right?) is still doing repairs of them...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 03:22 PM   #13
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like water in the sounder to me

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 06:23 PM   #14
wu11ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
The wires on my sounder come out the bottom of the unit (you have to remove the header tank to get to the sounder) so its possible if its been disconnected the plug has been taped up or fallen down out of sight. I would check it out to make sure its not damaged and shorting etc first...

As for the BCM, if that is at fault I believe technozen (is that spelt right?) is still doing repairs of them...
Well now I'm extra baffled because I have a sounder thing bolted to the back of the engine bay, I'm assuming that's not original?

I'll need to take the header tank off and have a look,
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Sounds like water in the sounder to me
Cheers mate.

Old 01-02-16, 06:36 PM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Maybe at some point an aftermarket alarm system was fitted

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 09:10 PM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu11ie View Post
.....So I would assume it's the BCM as mentioned above, BUT what is a BCM and where is it?.....
BCU - Body Control Unit - it's a box full of electronics and relays and hides behind the centre console which has to come out to get it out. It controls much of the car such as drivers window, fog lights, heated rear window, interior lights, horn, central locking and alarm functions.

www.technozen-electronics.co.uk tells you all about it, Paul does same day postal repairs.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 02:46 PM   #17
wu11ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
BCU - Body Control Unit - it's a box full of electronics and relays and hides behind the centre console which has to come out to get it out. It controls much of the car such as drivers window, fog lights, heated rear window, interior lights, horn, central locking and alarm functions.

www.technozen-electronics.co.uk tells you all about it, Paul does same day postal repairs.
Nice one, thanks.

Old 03-02-16, 11:13 AM   #18
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
When I had my soggy sounder syndrome, it was the alarm randomly going off with no hazards flashing.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 02:10 PM   #19
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
When I had my soggy sounder syndrome, it was the alarm randomly going off with no hazards flashing.
A friend also had similar, took him a while to get to the bottom of it!
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 11:56 PM   #20
wu11ie

Well I got the sounder off today, found the plug and plugged it in, within 30 seconds it was going bananas!!,

Unplugged it brought it in the house, dried it with the hairdryer and let it dry out, took it back to the car and plugged it in and the same thing happened so I'm assuming the sounder is gubbed.

Is there a fuse or anything I can take out to disable the alarm as a temporary measure?, I don't want the hazards flashing constantly.