theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-02-16, 06:56 PM   #1
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
End of an era

After nearly 10 years of ZS ownership (June 2006) the workhorse is no more. I bought a MG3 last year for commuting, with the intention of doing the ZS up in a few years or maybe a track car conversion. However, due to lack of space and other issues, I decided to let her go to the scrapyard in the sky. Sad to see her go, but just didn't really have the time or funds to do it.
Bought her on 25k from a dealer in Nottingham and it ended up on 115k. 4 trackdays, numerous visits to BTCC races and many holiday trips, the ZS did well. Only one head gasket replacement too Still have the ZT which is nearly as good, but no ZS. Will have another in a few years but for now I will have to do without

Old 26-02-16, 07:33 PM   #2
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
That's a shame, not that I've really got a lot to answer for myself at the moment, but why did you scrap it? It's a great looking car, Best colour as well!

2016 Subaru WRX STi
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-16, 07:38 PM   #3
617sqn

617sqn is on a distinguished road
That's just TERRIBLE !!

Andy G.
617sqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-16, 07:54 PM   #4
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Engine blew up unfortunately. I'm not clued up on these things but the garage who had looked after it for 10 years said something about big ends and dropped liners. Gearbox needed replacing too.
Hence why I was thinking of buying a new engine and to try and turn it into a track car, but that would have cost thousands. If I had a driveway I'd have probably kept it forever.
Someone also backed into it and damaged the boot floorpan while I was on holiday and then I believe someone tried to break in and caused the drivers window to smash. Gutted it ended like this, but there's only so long I could have kept it going.
Old 26-02-16, 08:44 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Sad but sometimes it happens like this - I guess those aren't current photos.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-16, 08:50 PM   #6
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
very sad to see a car thats been so good end up as scrap. i hope you didnt let the tat man have it with those wheels.
Old 27-02-16, 10:21 AM   #7
mattie007

The first one was when I purchased it for £4250 when it was only 3 and half years old! The last one was taken around a year ago. It makes me sad when I see how good it looked,but underneath the rust had kicked in despite me undersealing it.
I should have got the wheels off but I didn't have anything to replace them with
Old 29-02-16, 01:44 PM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
sad to hear of another dead ZS - but as said these things do happen, and fighting the tin worm when it sets in can get time consuming....
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-16, 06:54 PM   #9
mattie007

Indeed, still gutted its gone but the cost to have all the work done would have been more than a re-shell. Rally Matt did a good job keeping it on the road for another 5 years anyway
My ZT chose the next day to blow a turbo pipe so another thing to sort!