Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 10-02-14, 05:45 PM   #21
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
That's ok for 200 notes.
a throttle body brand new is about £130+ the one I got has been reconditioned. can get 2nd hand ones on ebay for £30-£60 but no guarantee its not carrying the same fault as what I had, as its a intermittent fault and comes and goes.
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 06:02 PM   #22
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
ZR TD just out of mot and tax last week. £600. MK2 facelift in grey. 79k miles. My runner for last 6 months.
Old 10-02-14, 06:11 PM   #23
Cally180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRed View Post
ZR TD just out of mot and tax last week. £600. MK2 facelift in grey. 79k miles. My runner for last 6 months.

wouldn't be this month buddy, but might give you a shout if i decide to go for another ZR cheers
Old 10-02-14, 06:26 PM   #24
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Crackin thread this Cally loads of good pics and video, look's like your putting a few quid into the Trackdays now and car look like it goes like the clappers
Weather looks stinking at Knockhill and don't imagine it to be too much fun in the wet
Good to see the yellow 180 still running, guy who has it put this video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_WptabtJPo
Im gonna do another track day this year but will wait till Sun shines.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 07:34 PM   #25
Cally180

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Crackin thread this Cally loads of good pics and video, look's like your putting a few quid into the Trackdays now and car look like it goes like the clappers
Weather looks stinking at Knockhill and don't imagine it to be too much fun in the wet
Good to see the yellow 180 still running, guy who has it put this video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_WptabtJPo
Im gonna do another track day this year but will wait till Sun shines.

cheers mate,

I was going to either keep the ZS and do a few more mods to it or move on, and I got the clio but the ZS is quicker in the last third of the straights than me if he gets out the corner quick enough. the ZS can happily hold a clio 172/182 out but will never pass it..

I don't mind putting a few quid in to it, I'm not one of these people who look at the value of the car and think its not worth another adding too.. If I like it I do it just not decided where I want to take this one now.

he has a couple of video's from previous times, he originally wanted the ZS as a part time track car until he got better, but now he is running two 180's as you seen in that video. he did take a fiat coupe turbo and blew that up last time. proper converted to a MG man haha!

let us know next time your up, and maybe even smokey might bring the site car back from the dead by then... maybe haha
Old 26-02-14, 04:52 PM   #26
Cally180

little update as usual after a knockhill day out

not a great day, little better weather wise than January but still not very Bonnie!

Decided to run with my 15's and semi slicks, wishing I never if anything, the car just did not grip atoll all day, got a good video of me getting the car proper side ways, before later having it step out and the clio done a dance

well on Monday there I put car in for its MOT, nice and early as I knew I might need a bush or two..

outcome, anti roll bar bushes done and rear axle bushes also gone what I didn't expect. Also failed on a horn that didnt work but I'll take the blame for that as I melted it haha!

as always, I love a pic happy post

One of the boys from cliosport.net had made the trip from Newcastle for the day, brave considering the distance to get home!

also my bro took his saxo up which ran well on the day

there was two blue MG ZS 180's out on track aswell, they looked to have a good day as they seemed to be with each other.

video's from the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNHo4Or6PU - lots of sliding and a spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZGt_MTf5Y - mini in front spins ZS in clip aswell. then let a MX5 by but ends up being too slow.
Old 26-02-14, 07:51 PM   #27
Adam G

Adam G is on a distinguished road
Oh hello!
Old 27-02-14, 06:24 PM   #28
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
which tyres were you running, i always used toyo 888 on wet track and they were amazing, only time they were no good was standing water.
Hows the car run with the new engine parts ...any quicker?
Old 27-02-14, 08:50 PM   #29
Cally180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
which tyres were you running, i always used toyo 888 on wet track and they were amazing, only time they were no good was standing water.
Hows the car run with the new engine parts ...any quicker?
marangoni semi slick track tyres. Quite a sticky tyre but not the best tread design to dispose of water.

It was a deal I got for tyres and alloys off someone on the cliosport forum otherwise I would have went for R888 the tyre of choice plus they have about 2-3 track days left in them. I ran last month on 16's and road tyres and had much more grip.

Upgrade wise it was hard to tell due to not being able to give it as much as I would have liked to. I defo think there is a smother delivery and had another 182 chase me and felt as if I was pulling on the straights.

Hopefully this weekend it'll be all poly bushed and also uprated engine mounts getting fitted. With that and better conditions should start seeing a difference.
Old 20-05-14, 09:09 PM   #30
Cally180

Overdue update!

not really been on here as such, apart from have a quick look at things.

Had a Knockhill day there on Sunday there (18th) and for a change had a good dry day and not a drop of rain to be seen! It was also a Ford Live day so a few old and more new RS's and cossy's on show.

the clio since I was last here has came on a little bit, along with getting new timing belt it has also had the proper aircon delete kit fitted and after weighing the aircon pump, rear wiper motor plus a weight sat in the front, a total of 10.5kg! most of that off the front aswell.

I also has a race spec engine mount, been poly bushed, few new pipes n odd parts here n there the clio is running a performing a lot better. was catching up on a clio 197 on the straights, maybe he was laying off early but he was never passing me as such. also the Yellow MG lives on, kinda! it lost 2nd gear so new box needed, was talking to the guy as he had His red ZS up and he said he's got it all ready to be done. was out in the red one with him, defo something about that yellow one, red is just not as quick haha.

the next thing to do to the clio is fit is its new flywheel and clutch, get a vibration sometimes thought the peddle, been told it could be the release bearing.

so not just any flywheel getting fitted, but a lightweight one, almost half the weight of standard.

few picture from the day